Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving if you're celebrating that today. Now it's on to Christmas and all that goes with that. I have actually got a few prexents bought already!

Here's something I got today and sent on to some people:

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags! My hands can no long do the wrapping thing.

2. Real tree or Artificial? One of each…We have a Balsam or Fraser Fir given to us each year from Somerville’s, a real beauty! This year I have an artificial for upstairs.

3. When do you put up the tree? First week in Dec. hopefully for the artificial, about Dec. 18th for the other….it has to last till Jan. 4rth for the office brunch!

4. When do you take the tree down? Likely Jan. 9th.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it but can’t indulge too much and never with rum.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My pink stuffed pug dog, Floppy, which was a great pajama bag! Wish I still had him! Betsy Wetsy and Thumbelina dolls were up there too!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad

8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself!!! HA! any females actually.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? A wee plastic one that Dave gave his mom when he was 7! AW!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Real live cards. I love looking at and choosing cards!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Boy’s Clipper flannel pajamas that my Grandma got by mistake! I actually tried to pee out of the fly!!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Tie between A Christmas Carol (Alistair Simms) and Charlie Brown’s Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right after Christmas at the sales and I shop for gifts all year long and put them away in the Gift Section of my attic!! I get surprised the next year when I re-discover what I bought and had forgotten!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? YES, a few times but they were good ones!

. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Marzipan Squares and shortbreads!

16. Lights on the tree? I LOVE lights, especially the mini-white ones. My house is full of them..

17. Favorite Christmas song? Coventry Carol and Mary Did You Know (Google it and listen to Kenny Rogers sing it! http://www.gospel-disco-network.co.uk/mary%20did%20you%20know.htm

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Near home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No. Only 5.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star when we were kids but now an angel that lights up.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning ..stockings first, then presents after breakfast.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowded malls…I avoid them by going early.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? White lights, wine colour and ivory,

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Gotta be traditional Turkey

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A big deep narrow salad bowl that you can toss salad in with bowls to match!

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? People who are not too busy….I don’t expect too many will.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

pee out of the fly......WELL!
thanks for sharing MOI!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

 
Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI. Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I wish you joy for Christmas. LOL.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

 
Blogger fennymun said...

Hi MOL.. interesting list! Wish you have a happy pre-christmas preparation & shopping! :)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh I loved that! I'm going to snag it, hope that's ok with you?

Friday, November 28, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

How fun .. perhaps I'll give it a go sometime soon.
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, November 28, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great start to Christmas season - wishing you a lovely Yule tide from Norway :-)

Saturday, November 29, 2008

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Interesting questions...I think I'll pass...I've got to get that tree up!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I vote for leaving the Christmas tree up all year long. Less work that way.

Gospel disco network?

Sunday, November 30, 2008

 
Blogger goatman said...

Its easy to see that you were a teacher. Many assignments, and now another!! Neat questions tho.
Happy this part of the year to ye.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home