Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Poetry Friday - TASTE!


Mona's given us the Taste test!


damn those taste buds,

the evil sweet ones

they're not my "buds" at all!

I'd rather they not hang out with me ever!

they lead me into temptation

it's the Garden all over again

but it ain't, "How do you like them apples?"

and I can't just stop at one prophetic bite.....

it's

"try this delicious-to-die-for

devil's food chocolate cake

with seven-minute boiled icing"

(yeah, the devil made me do it alright!)

why don't I crave some low carb crunchy cream cheese on celery?

or even some dry saltine crackers?

(I used to lick the salt off first!

oh, just put me out to pasture near the salt lick...

but that's a tale of a different tongue!)

no, it's gotta be the sweetest, most decadent, dessertiest food

just to wreak havoc with my Type 1

insulin dependency addiction thing

which has me shooting up

copious amounts
of the Banting drug
(God Bless him!)

to try and chase down the mother lode of sugar

as a cheetah runs down an antelope

on the dessert plate of the Savannah

only to O.D.

and have to consume even more

in this manic game of sugary charades

until the yo-yo effect

leaves me spinning off my axis,

spent

and cursing

my finely-honed

sense of taste!




(Curse you, Mona, I'm craving that cake now!!!)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Delightful!

Tasty, and hey I realize I'm overdue for lunch.

Seven-minute boiled icing. I could drown in it, haven't had it in years, but my gosh it is simply the stuff of heaven. My mom would make it on special occasions, a very delicate double-boiler concoction.

Yeah definitely lunch!

Jannie

Saturday, October 18, 2008

 
Blogger red dirt girl said...

pastures and salt licks!!!

NOW you're talking my language!!

xxx
red dirt mule

Saturday, October 18, 2008

 
Blogger fennymun said...

whoever looks at the photo will definitely crave for it! it certainly looks yummy, yummy....

Sunday, October 19, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Oh poor you, I have visions or you drooling all over the keyboard! I thank my lucky stars I prefer salt licks to chocolate cake! ;-)

Monday, October 20, 2008

 
Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Cake...salt...now I'm drooling!

Monday, October 20, 2008

 
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Heavens. I never thought of them as my taste "enemies" before. But they are. I ate my monitor, just looking at that photo.

Monday, October 20, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so relate! But your way with words had me chuckle. :-)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

Oh my! Wonderful poem, but curse Mona and YOU for awakening MY long-dormant ‘chocolate’ obsession this morning!!! Sheesh … it’s a good thing there’s no chocolate in the house or I’d be diving in for sure. Now if I can just keep myself from running off to the store for some …

I dropped by to let you know I’m celebrating my 1st Blogoversary TODAY at Small Reflections and tomorrow at Sacred Ruminations. Hope you’ll drop by if time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home