Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Upper Decking It!




This is the new deck! You get to it by going through our winter bedroom into the summer bedroom, out the door onto the covered balcony and step up onto it as you can see here. It goes the whole width of the back of the house and we are truly
in the trees!


In the morning I make coffee in the summer room and take it out to the deck to watch the sun rise. I have great "alone" time up there.


















I'm going to be spending a lot of time here I can tell! I'd better set up the coffee maker now so we will wake up to the
sounds and smell of java jivingI'm going to be spending a lot of time here I can tell! I'd better set up the coffee maker now so we will wake up to the sounds and smell of java jiving!









Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Coffee up amongst the trees! Heavenly! It should be an obligatory start to everyone's day!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 
Blogger gary rith said...

Oh yes, I am JEALOUS MOI!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh I want one! How wonderful to have such a beautiful area to drink your morning coffee and eat your breakfast. I'd just live up there, if I didn't have to go to work.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. that is one grand deck. And what a beautiful sunrise. How wonderful to be able to start the day this way.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

 
Blogger Beverly said...

What a beautiful deck!!! A cup of coffee and a good book would do just fine.

About the photo...it actually is of a little girl that my friend takes care of. We meet every morning for breakfast, and the other day she was just so intently reading this book. If your friend would like to make a poster out of it, I can e-mail her the photo, and she could get one made.

I thought it was just classic.

I hope the wedding goes off o.k. I'm so sorry that the weather is going to be bad. We've gotten quite a bit of rain, and it is cloudy today, and we are actually nowhere near where Ike is going to be. It is just a huge hurricane.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

The deck is beautiful. Make sure to use CLEAR wood preserver, not colored (dark red) the way we did.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

How delightful! Thanks for sharing your LOVELY deck with us today. You have such a beautiful view … and methinks the idea of waking up to coffee and some ‘alone’ time sounds perfect!!!
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, September 11, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats - how wonderful to be able to sit right out in the nature - would love to have my morning coffee served there :-)

Thursday, September 11, 2008

 
Blogger Pauline said...

what a great new place for you to be! glad too that your tests (post below) are mostly good news. glad to see you back and posting.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

 
Blogger Joyce said...

I'm visiting you from Storyteller's blog. I must tell you how much I enjoyed the song that plays upon opening your blog. I'm guessing - because of the interests that you list on Blogger - that YOU are the one singing and playing guitar?

It was beautiful. <3

Friday, September 12, 2008

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Congrats with this fabulous new Deck.
I cross my fingers for you to have the wheater to love it too.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

 
Blogger fennymun said...

A really nice place. Yes, I can't agree more that it's ideal for just a cup of coffee and a nice book (plus my journal) and I could spend a whole day there not feeling boring at all.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home