Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Taking A Break


I can't seem to find the time to get around and read all your blogs and I'm feeling guilty but at the same time, my interest is waning and I really need to spend more time doing other things. I do things ever so slowly with limited dexterity in my hands. I just got two huge shots of cortisone in my index and middle finger on Fri. and I still can hardly move them they are so painful and swollen. In a few weeks I get some in my right hand. I sure hope they work to alleviate the condition called, "trigger finger". I have had about forty shots in the last 20 years in various fingers and the period of time for which they remain effective has grown less and less.

You should see me trying to prepare meals and get dressed! I have to attempt all I do a few times before I'm even passably successful at it. It is very frustrating and I have to leave extra time for everything I do in life.

I may do a post periodically and even pay you the odd visit, but for the next while, however long that may be, I can no longer put the full effort into this blogging thing. I hate not being able to do your best so it is just easier to pull back for now. Visiting blogs has become at times, a little like a chore that I never get done well. As a teacher, I don't like this feeling! I like to have a list that I check off when the items are completed but with the many blogs I have come to visit, it has become almost impossible for me to keep up.

So I apologize to all of you. I mostly want to thank you for visiting, commenting, and supporting me and the life I lead. I will really miss your comments but it is not fair if one can't reciprocate as much.

Keep up the great blogging spirit!


18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It goes like this MOI - sometimes blogging just gets too much. I too have been toying with the idea of just pulling back, and then that seems hopeless so I think about just stopping. I know exactly what you mean, saying what you do.
Your fingers sound dreadfully painful - I do so hope that you will soon find some relief.
Go well, go gently and take really good care of your very special self.
xxx

Sunday, May 18, 2008

 
Blogger Pauline said...

feel better MOI. I will miss your posts and comments but it's better not to do something at all than to lost the pleasure in doing it.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to apologize dear blog friend! Everyone is entitle to a good break once in a while and you really seams to need one. You have no other obligations than to yourself MOI!

So have a great break, take care and be well. We're here when you are ready to get back.

Btw: Congrats with hockey silver medal today: GO Canada, go :-)

Sunday, May 18, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain - I have arthritis in my fingers so I know what it's like.

Monday, May 19, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog fro time to time. I love that you can share yourself. I love the song every time I visit.

Here's hoping the cortizone kicks in swiftly.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

 
Blogger Bobbie said...

The number one thing is to look after yourself! If blogging becomes a chore, and your hands are so painful, then a break is just what you need. I hope you resume posting in the future. In the meantime, I'll pop in from time to time just to listen to the beautiful song you have playing!
Take care!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything ebbs and flows. Take care of yourself.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please Ruth.. take good care of yourself. I so understand your feelings and am just concerned for your health. For myself.. I often take blogging breaks, especially in the summer months. To tell the truth.. I see blogging as more of a winter's sport. :-)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

Feel better MOI! You do what's best for you. Breaks are a good thing.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

 
Blogger TopChamp said...

That sounds painful - hope you're feeling better.

Real life has to take priority.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

Hugs to you MOI and I'm so sorry about the pain in your fingers, it must be really hard to type too. I hope you will feel better and maybe taking a break from the blogging will help you. I know it becomes time consuming to visit everyone's blogs and I have to take a break every now and then. Hugs and thoughts that you will feel better soon!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

 
Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI! Miss you...though I'm not that good these days either. I hope you're better able...wishing I'm there to give you a hand though.

Please do not feel guilty about not visiting. Will visit you every now and then to see if you're blogging. Take care. Cheerio.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

 
Blogger Diana said...

I so understand. Blog as you feel like blogging. It's supposed to be fun, not stressful. You'll be sorely missed and I hope this is merely a hiatus.

Monday, May 26, 2008

 
Blogger Ellen Whyte said...

Poor thing. It sounds terribly painful. Hope you get better soon.

Monday, May 26, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just here to wish you a splendid weekend :-)

Saturday, May 31, 2008

 
Blogger GEWELS said...

Hey MOI- I'm the one who should be feeling guilty. I've been a terrible blog writer/visitor lately.
This is supposed to be fun stuff- nothing to feel guilty about.
I'm sorry that you are struggling with so much pain. It does get the best of us, unfortunately.
Relax,kick back and have a stress-free summer. I'll stop by for a visit now and then.

Monday, June 02, 2008

 
Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI.

Dropping by to find out how you are.

Praying and wishing you are well.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

 
Blogger TorAa said...

When younger,
I did lot's of sport. And hurt my knees. And Back and ---- , Well is sport healthy? I ponder?
I like slow canoing these days. As part of the Nature.

Love your blog. Have been "out" for a while (you know).

Have a great Summer

Friday, July 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home