Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Foiled Plans!

For those of you who don't know the stupid thing I did to my brand new self-clean over, I put an aluminum foil liner in the bottom and it got melded on to the bottom the first time I used it. Nothing would work to get it off.

The foil saga turned out well...the part is only $30 and they're sending it
up to by Fri.!! Meanwhile, don't you think we could put the old
bottom plate in an art exhibit and make about $4000 on it?!!! It could be
titled, "Foiled Plans"!


I'm going to send it to a local arts curator for fun and ask if
she could get it displayed at our art centre in a show show! Maybe people could see different things in it like foil Rorschach Ink Blot tests!

I can almost see it in one of those stories in the Toronto Star!! Once they found out it was just me being silly with my botched up new stove, it would have to be re-named, “Curses, Foiled Again!” Who knows? It could pay for my appliances!



What do you see in this picture?!!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI! Is this the 'foil art'?
Thank you for dropping by. C U.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big bluebird sitting on a limb.
I think you SHOULD put it in an art show! haha

Thursday, April 17, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I see a funny looking man playing a guitar!

Definiely put it in a gallery.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

I’m thrilled you have an inexpensive solution to your ‘oven’ debacle … and are doing something ‘creative’ with the ‘evidence’ … let’s see … I see a 'chubby' bird sitting on a tree branch.
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, April 17, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are such a creative artist - even more than you know yourself!

I did not know you where a sophisticated art collector too: I see Picasso in that picture :-)

Wishing you a great end to your week!

Friday, April 18, 2008

 
Blogger Clowncar said...

Very clever. Please submit it to an art gallery and tell us all what happens!

I see a blond woman, in profile, with lng hair and a largeose.

Friday, April 18, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you believe.. I see a billy goat laughing. :-)

Friday, April 18, 2008

 
Blogger Richard said...

Oh, dear!

Self cleaning ovens get terribly hot. I am sure that does not make them very energy efficient. While it is pretty convenient, I have to confess that the fumes coming out of the oven while it self cleans can be quite irritating (and probably carcinogenic to boot).

It seems to me that art is often more about presentation than about technical ability. Why not market this as a sculpture?

I think it is sitting above a secretary, isn't it?

Friday, April 18, 2008

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks all. Interesting to see what others see in this. I can see all of them now!

Picasso?!!Renny, you are funny!

The foil art piece is sitting on top of a pump organ which has a huge carved cherry piece that arcs up to the ceiling but it is still in the attic from storage days! We are slowly getting the place put back together, deciding where things will go best.

Friday, April 18, 2008

 
Blogger Pauline said...

Haha MOI. It looks like a dinosaur reading a storybook.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlin' girl, you've seen what passes for art these days. Leave it outside a few days, let it pick up a few weather marks, maybe drop it once or twice on something hard, sign the front bottom corner and the back, slap a $5000 price tag on it and some dork will buy it. *g*

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see sex...hehehe I always see sex!!! Okay seriously it might be a big haired woman....but what a creative idea. Who knows where some of that art comes from!!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

Ha, that does look pretty neat MOI and I'm so happy your new part isn't going to cost an arm and a leg! At first I saw a dinosaur and the more I look at it, I see a caricature of a little man walking. :p Hehe, it would make an interesting art exhibit!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

It DOES look like a piece of abstract art! I think you should leave it right there.

Friday, April 25, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home