Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Poetry Friday: Negative

Mona's being negative today and I have licence to be as well, even though I don't like to be! Today, the glass is half-empty!



Stupidest thing I've ever done, bar none!

I put an aluminum foil sheet at the bottom of my one-week-old self-clean oven and when I used it, the foil got melded right to the bottom! Why didn't they tell me not to do that?! Why didn't I read those small print safety precautions??




Will this small patch of winter never disappear?!!




Will this reno never end??!!




Why am I so fat after this winter?!! NOTHING FITS!!




Why didn't I take piano lessons?!!




This isn't what I ordered!



I'm really bummed out and just want to be left alone...

Well that's as negative as I want to get today...unless you count that I still have really sore knees, can't exercise and have to get a huge brace for my knee, some physio and another skyline type x-ray...it's going to be a dull, rainy, cool weekend....my place is dusty as anything after this reno thing...we're not quite finished yet either...

(Man, I really can be negative when I try!)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

It is a negative time of year. So close to sunshine and flowers, but it just doesn't seem to be really coming, does it?

I could have captioned each of those pictures just as you have, with the exception of that lovely looking soup. (And doesn't that just burn your knickers to have a spanking-new something ruined--or at least cosmetically altered?)

'Feh' to it all.

Friday, April 11, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

That's enough negativity for today, hope you're smiling now. :)

Friday, April 11, 2008

 
Blogger goatman said...

I think that self cleaning involves temperatures in the °Kelvin range!

Best you can probably hope for is to scrape aluminum after each cleaning. Look at it this way: you have a disposable surface for awhile.

I predict that spring will brighten you up. How about that friday poem?

Friday, April 11, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

Everyone’s entitled to a ‘gripe session’ now and again … especially with an invitation like Mona’s this week! I’m so sorry about the aluminum foil in the oven. I wouldn’t have guessed such a thing would happen myself, but I’m glad you shared so I don’t ever do it myself to mine. I enjoyed the illustrations … that ‘lightened’ the mood a bit and I hope things improve soon ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, April 11, 2008

 
Blogger Pauline said...

MOI - I'm sorry for your troubles but this post made me smile, remembering the trick my mother used to have for days (and days and days!) like you've had. She'd set the oven timer for 15 minutes and grouse away until she heard the ding. Then whenever thoughts of all that was bothering her crept into the day, she'd declare, "I've already complained about that. No need to do it again." She used the same technique with worry. Hope things improve on all fronts for you soon!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It is a negative time!
Smile and I wait for you on April 15 is my birthday number 3.


Sonreir,sonreir y sonreir.

Hugsss

Saturday, April 12, 2008

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Diana: The soup actually was delicious but it was my friend's lunch! This whole post was a spoof on being negative since that was the word and no poetry came to mind. I'm not really that bummed out except for my dumb medical issues with knees. And the stove? Well, it's only a stove and could have been worse. I'll live with it or get another bottom plate.

Akemlamalu: see above...I really am mostly smiling most of the time. I was trying to be as negative as I could with these pics in a tongue-in-cheek way.

Goatman: yes, it scares me...like an incinerater or crematorium!
No poetry came to me with the word, "negative" so I did a spoof on it...I'm really quite a positive person.

Storyteller: Thanks and I hope no one ever does this to a new stove. They should tell more people up front!

Mimi: I'll check it out but I'm not too active on the computer these days.

Pauline: Thanks! A great method of your mom's to beat that gripe stuff. I really wasn't too serious in this...just trying to be negative bums me out more than anything! It's not that "ME"!

Luna: Happy B-day! Meow!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

 
Blogger Dave said...

Well at least you didn't put the foil into the microwave! :-)

That's quite the antique organ you have in that photo!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

(((MOI)) hugs to you and sometimes it helps to have a 'negative' session and get it out. Things seem to get better afterwards! Argh, I'm sorry about your oven and I wonder if there is some way to unweld it to the surface, it seems there would be!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home