Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mini-Update

Thanks, everyone. I will try to visit periodically...even if it's just lurking a little! (I never thought I'd say that!) I still do care about what's going on in everyone's life but I just need more time for mine and the things I need to do daily that I take so long to do. I am spending more time in our newly-renovated room where there is no computer. There is the gas fireplace to enjoy and the view of the outside world that we've never had before. My cats are slowly coming into the room more often to be with us so the cosiness beckons me.

The snow is finally melting and we are getting warmer daily temps, enough to get the maple sap running faster. It is a late start here for that. The muddy back yard is not something we're looking forward to cleaning up after the mess of the fall reno. We'd rather be getting the gardens going but that will have to take a back seat.

Within, the next few weeks, the kitchen counters,island,cupboards, floors, lighting and painting should all be done and new stove and dishwasher installed. FINALLY! Looking forward to "learning" how my new kitchen will work!

My health needs a spring tune-up! Sound familiar? I have gained some "winter weight" and need to take off 10 pounds. This is not an easy task for me. I have to take about 10 blood sugar tests a day, write down everything I eat, and the exercise I do. It totally consumes every hour of my life thinking about if I need to eat some carb and if I need to match it with insulin.

I have been trying to swim about 3-4 times a week in a salt water pool plus do some treadmill or nordic walking with poles twice a week. It is always dependent upon whether my knees and/or foot joints are painful or not. My downfall is that exercise makes me sore and HUNGRY! In order not to over-eat, I need to cut down my insulin prior to and after exercise which is the trickiest balancing act ever.

Looking forward to this coming Easter weekend when I'm visiting family. It is so early this year, it is the first year we've had snow decorations alongside the bunnies and eggs in the office!

Hope your spring tune-up is happening and if you celebrate Easter, have a happy one!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Sounds like you need a lap top and Wifi to me!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

You are always welcome to come visit me! I hope the end of the renovation project goes smoothly. I'm sure you will enjoy the result!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 
Blogger Diana said...

Weight loss isn't easy for most, and being diabetic, it must be quite the ordeal.

Hope the kitchen turns out lovely. Even if you don't want to write, I'm sure we'd love to see any pictures you feel like posting. No pressure.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

Sometimes, you just have to take a break, and focus your attention on ohter things. Completely understandable. But try not to be a stranger!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the spring brings on more "dead weight" fatigue and mini tidal fevers. I just read a blog about another friend diagnosed with fibromaylagia. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 
Blogger gary rith said...

10 blood sugar tests a day? wow!
best wishes!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

I’m sure we all appreciate the ‘mini-update’ and hope the snow melts away soon so Spring will come to your garden. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your lovely new living space! I suspect we’ve all gained some ‘winter weight’ and need to get ourselves moving to drop a few pounds. It sounds like your ‘blood sugar’ regime is a hassle … but it’s no doubt important too. Happy Easter to you and yours!
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten? Gah! Poor dear! Stay safe, swim more (is very good for you!) and we'll keep some carrots set aside for ya if you decide to visit sunny LA. *g*

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

MOI I'm glad you can check in every now and then and I hope you will feel much better soon. I know what you mean about needing to lose 10 lbs, same here. :o Ugh, winter is just awful to make a person feel sluggish and gain weight. Thank goodness spring is almost here! Feel better soon! Your new room sounds fantastic and with the cats for cozy company, perfect!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

 
Blogger goatman said...

Saltwater swimming . . . ?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know you've finally got a taste of spring too - hop over when you have the time to see our first spring flower blooming in Oslo, Norway.

Wishing you a great end to your week and A Happy Easter Holiday :-)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Oh Dear, I adore your honesty and openess regarding your body calamites.
It's good then also to hear about your new room. Like sitting in Nature. For all of us, living so far North, it's important. And also happy your cats find it pleasant as well.

My father got Diabeties II, and I remember how that was. I have only GERD. Which I can easly handle. But I should Swim more often. And do evening Walks more often (we did go skiing - the Nordic style 5 evenings a week two years ago, but in our area - now snow since then. But, the Winter with 50 cm Snow arrived last night)

Happy Easter

btw. Still with Renny and Diane. We are all leaving Saturday Morning to celeb Easter with each others Family in Norway. We hope the driving conditions wouls be better as just now - snowfalls.

Friday, March 21, 2008

 
Blogger Dave said...

Hey... Take your time in your new room! I know I would. :-)

Yes, the warmer Ontario weather is finally approaching... except that they are calling for flurries at the end of this week! Thought I would mention that... Not that I wanted to ruin your day though! :-)

Monday, March 24, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I know how hard losing weight is! Nice to see you blogging again, however infrequent. :)

Monday, March 24, 2008

 
Blogger TopChamp said...

Hello - I'm a lazy blogger at the mo - mainly clicking on links when people comment but not actively reading. It's not lack of interest, just trying to do some physical hobbies too. It can take a while reading.

Sounds like you have a lot on - Happy Easter to you x

Monday, March 24, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your newly renovated room sounds like such an inviting retreat. Enjoy.

Spring is slowly making its promise known. I too am looking forward to having a green and dry back yard. Best not to hold my breath. :-)

Please take care of yourself and know that you are in this bloggers thoughts.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home