Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Village of Truths



Mona passed the Poetry basket to Irrelephant, who tossed the word, "tatoo" for today.


The Village of Truths

I am the Chieftain of my own tribe
I speak my truths with the many voices residing in my village -
But you may never understand my truths
You may not even hear them or even recognize the voice with which I speak,
for your village may be far away from mine
and all you may see are lips moving
and all you may hear are the distant echoes of my tatoo


We all sing different songs,
dance different steps,
and drum different beats at our council ring fires….
But we must accept and respect each other’s truths
-the need that they be our own
and no one else’s




Mother of Invention, looking to my Truths, singing, dancing and drumming my own tatoo from my far away village.






>

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger storyteller said...

Wow -- Am I first to comment? What a wonderful response to this prompt! I love the butterfly drum and this marvelous poem. As always … I enjoy your song even when I don’t mention it.
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, February 22, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

I think I can hear the drum! Very nicely done.

Friday, February 22, 2008

 
Blogger Lynnea said...

I like the recognition that one's truths are not other's and may not be understood by someone standing across from you but far away in their own village.

Friday, February 22, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad you took one of the other meanings and ran with it, I really am. You did well, very well with it, imbued the poem with a deep feeling that makes me want to go out and look, hard, to see if I can see your village from here.

Friday, February 22, 2008

 
Blogger Dave said...

Very creative... very true and thought provoking. :-)

Friday, February 22, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I hear your beat! :)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

MOI this is absolutely beautiful! It spoke to my core. Aside from the truths in the poem, you've created a lovely rhythm and sense of imagery.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

 
Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Great imagery here! And so expressive, that we all dance and sing to our own tattoo! Nicely done!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

Wonderful poem, MOI! Love the visual.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Storyteller:Thanks! And for still liking the song! I really should put a new one there!

Barbara: Thanks! Glad you can hear it that far away!

Maggie: yes, that is the essence of truth. Thanks.

Irrelephant: Hey, thanks a lot! High praise from such an excellent writer.

Dave: Thanks.It's always nice to provoke a though or two from time to time!

Akelamalu: I'm glad and it's not even that loud!

Absolute vanilla: Wow! Thanks so much for the meaningful high praise. I haven't really been writing much new poetry in the lat few months.

mona: Thanks! I guess I wasn't that aware of the imagery, I ws just writing the thoughts.

Griz: Thanks! Glad you had a visual. As I said above, I was not really trying to create an image so much as I was writng the basic idea and comparison.

Monday, February 25, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lovely. It has me pause and listen for my own drum.

Monday, February 25, 2008

 
Blogger Richard said...

While our villages may be far apart, I think it is incumbant on us to build channels of clear communication.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

*Huge Applause!* I love the poetry you share MOI and this is another wonderful one!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home