Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lunar Landscapes?


Weird Swiss Cheese?





Bad acne?




Lunar landscape?





Kind of reminds me of a sunburn peeling.

No...


Look familiar?






Ever try to scrape off years of multi-layers of paint off pine furniture?






The Lone Mad Scraper trying to dip and strip.....and scrape, all in the name of restoring the old look of our kitchen to this 1921 vintage home. All part of this ongoing never ending reno!






It is a lot of work but it will look like a huge pine hutch from pioneer times when we're finished. You can see the interesting flour bin cupboards at the bottom right that pull out. The builder's wife has actually already done all the doors and they look fabulous....but if you want to know the truth, I'm kind of getting to like having no doors on the cupboards! It's pretty handy and reminds me of the open cupboards we have up at the cooking cabin of the fishing camp we go to each summer that I love so much. Well, at least we don't have to worry about mice here!





Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

What a tedious job, but won't it be fabulous when it's done?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

You are so very clever and this series of photos is very cool! It reminds me of the years (yes plural) I spent stripping and refinishing an old upright player piano a couple of decades ago and I don’t envy anyone doing this project, but the end result is worth the effort.

I actually did a Wordless Wednesday post myself today … without words for a change. I needed a break after doing two challenging memes yesterday … one on each blog. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I knew I needed a “break” before T-13 and Friday Haiku. Sigh!
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh Wow can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's finished. When will that be?!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Diana: yes, it will be for sure! I'm getting impatient!

Storyteller: Wow! That must have been a difficult job! Do you still have it?

akelamalu: Me neither!

Barbara: Hard to say! I'm hoping in a few weeks but this is the never-ending reno story here!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 
Blogger gary rith said...

that is quite a job--you folks will have a new house soon!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The Mad Lone Scraper has my sympathies - I remember scraping and stripping three bedrooms covered in wallpaper - including the wood and the ceilings (yes, the ceilings!).
Vile job!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

Actually ... I gave it away a while back and the story is an interesting one. Maybe I'll post about it sometime soon, and when I do I'll let you know so you can read about it.
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, February 21, 2008

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

Wow so cool! What I am interested in is the flooring! Is it wood? Details, details!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Gr: Yep..a new but old!

Absolute Vanilla: This old house had wallpaper on all the ceilings upstairs too! To hold in the crumbling plaster! We paid someone to fix all that!

Storyteller: YES! I want to know!

Old Lady: HI! Yes...it's maple and we're going to sand it and verathane it ...only good for one more sanding though. We took old linoleum off it when we came here.
We have oak floors everywhere else and in the new room, we have tamarack! It's beauty! We have pine trim and cupboards in the kitchen and the whole upstairs changes to a cherry stained fir.
We love all the wood.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

Ooo, it's going to look so good once it's finished. Can't wait to see the finished product.

And that bad acne photo was just gross! It really did remind me of pimples on the verge of bursting.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

 
Blogger Clive said...

Hope the paint bits stay out of his Vector cereal!

Monday, February 25, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Won't it be something when it is done.

Monday, February 25, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

At first I thought it was tapioca pudding hehe but wasn't sure what it was, to be honest. What a gorgeous piece of furniture this is!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home