Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, February 08, 2008

Natural Highs!


A friend of mine started this list of experiences that give people a natural high. So many are such simple things it's almost ridiculous! Right now, I'm dealing with horrendous knee problems (tendonitis of the patella in one, and baker's cyst in the other) and I have to use a cane to get up and down stairs as well as just walk around first thing in the morning. I used to walk 2 miles a day! What I would give right now to be able to do this! Or even ride a bike or swim.....It would definitely be a high. My "stented heart" needs the exercise as does my diabetes. Anyone out there who is just being lazy and making excuses for not going out to exercise, please, just go do it for me.....and you.



1. Falling in love

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

3. A hot shower.

4. No lines at the supermarket.

5. A special glance.

6. Getting mail.

7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.

8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.

9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer

11. Milkshake (any flavor).

12. A bubble bath.

13. Giggling.

15. The beach.

16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.

17. Laughing at yourself.

18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you

19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.

20. Running through sprinklers.

21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS

24. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.

25. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.

26. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).

27. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.

28. Playing with a new puppy.

29. Having someone play with your hair.

30. Sweet dreams.

31. Hot chocolate.

32. Road trips with friends.

33. Swinging on swings.

34. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

35. Making chocolate chip cookies.

36. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.

37. Holding hands with someone you care about.

38. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.

39. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.

40. Watching the sunrise.

41. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day. 42. Knowing that somebody misses you.

43. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.

44. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

45. Hearing a loon’s call!

46. Waking up and seeing your cat's big eyes looking at you.

47. Being at a hockey game and having your team play well and win their game.







Add one and Pass on These Natural Highs to anyone you wish!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

This is just what I need on a blah day! Thanks!

Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Blogger Beverly said...

A great list! I'm sorry about your knees. I had a knee replacement in 2004, and it hindered my exercise greatly, and I've never gotten back into the habit. Shame on me. I hope that yours settle down and you can get back to exercising.

Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Some good reminders in that list. How about "playing music with others"?

Hope your knees improve, at least to the point where you could swim.

Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Blogger Richard said...

Oh, dear. I pray you will feel better soon.

The aches and pains of growing older can be quite demoralizing.

I am very partial to hugs from my kids.

Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Blogger Lynnea said...

These are awesome! So many, too many that I love to mention.

Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Blogger Water Baby said...

I'm so sorry about your knees, haveing trouble getting around really hurts a person be happy with themselves, I'm glad you found this list! I think I have a few that I would like to add, I'll repost.

Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

Your list really brightened my day and I hope and pray that your knees will feel better soon MOI. I'll add this to the list: When my cat does something so funny that she makes us burst out laughing...like when she got confused and kept attacking the little robot cat toy that my daughter owned, every time it would make a 'meow' noise!

Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Blogger Pauline said...

MOI - feel better!

Here's one for your list - lying on your back in a meadow, watching cloud pictures

Saturday, February 09, 2008

 
Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI! Sorry to read about your knee(s) and hoping you're feeling better. Thank you for sharing those 'naturally highs'...

Saturday, February 09, 2008

 
Blogger twilite said...

MOI, please have a healing and good weekend. Take care.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain - I send you healing and peaceful vibes.

And I love your list - could be a list of my own - only I'd also add, listening to the breeze murmuring through the leaves of tall trees.

Go gently, be well.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

 
Blogger Deana said...

I'm sorry about your knee too. And no lines in the grocery store tickles you inside more than you think it would!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

That's a great list!

Monday, February 11, 2008

 
Blogger Dave said...

That is quite the list. You really seem like a person who enjoys the simplicities of life and good friends.

Sorry to hear about your knee... Nothing is worse than such a dibilitating injury.

Monday, February 11, 2008

 
Blogger Clive said...

Jeeze, sorry about this knee business; it's true, you need to keep moving. Out here on the Island there is a natural substance that a lot of people use to get high...but your list would definitely do the job too.

Monday, February 11, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

I love the list and the idea, so I'll be happy to share it at Small Reflections later. I hope you'll be able to walk again sometime soon. Molly and I got plenty of exercise on your behalf.
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your knee problems. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks for visiting and adding some more!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

You are so right MOI! Those of us who are blessed enough to be able to exercise our bodies should do so. I did some yoga in honor of you today!

Monday, February 18, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home