A friend of mine started this list of experiences that give people a natural high. So many are such simple things it's almost ridiculous! Right now, I'm dealing with horrendous knee problems (tendonitis of the patella in one, and baker's cyst in the other) and I have to use a cane to get up and down stairs as well as just walk around first thing in the morning. I used to walk 2 miles a day! What I would give right now to be able to do this! Or even ride a bike or swim.....It would definitely be a high. My "stented heart" needs the exercise as does my diabetes. Anyone out there who is just being lazy and making excuses for not going out to exercise, please, just go do it for me.....and you.
1. Falling in love
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer
11. Milkshake (any flavor).
12. A bubble bath.
15. The beach.
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
24. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
25. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
26. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
27. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
28. Playing with a new puppy.
29. Having someone play with your hair.
30. Sweet dreams.
31. Hot chocolate.
32. Road trips with friends.
33. Swinging on swings.
34. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
35. Making chocolate chip cookies.
36. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
37. Holding hands with someone you care about.
38. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
39. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
40. Watching the sunrise.
41. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day. 42. Knowing that somebody misses you.
43. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
44. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
45. Hearing a loon’s call!
46. Waking up and seeing your cat's big eyes looking at you.
47. Being at a hockey game and having your team play well and win their game.
Add one and Pass on These Natural Highs to anyone you wish!