Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Spring Look

It's been raining a lot...I love this invention!



From the roof of the new addition. There will be a deck built on top of this soon...I hope!




The only thing I have in my garden are these Jolly Jump-ups!








And these Pansies waiting their turn. I love the juxtaposition of the construction mess and the flowers!




It's still looking like a construction zone and Mooky has been making a daily inspection since last September!





An rubbing her scent on all the builder's stuff just to let him know who REALLY owns the place!








At least it's always colourful at the Florist next door to us!




I caught this big guy feasting hungrily upon their Bleeding Hearts!




The White Trillium is Ontario's emblem and they're in full bloom now.




I have just forgotten what these are called but they add such beautiful rich colour to a spring garden.




The old Hyacinthe! A Classic!







Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

Those just above the hyacinth look like polyanthus. Spring's definitely here!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Spring is definitely here. It just arrives a little later in Canada! It looks like the renovation is coming to a completion soon.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

 
Blogger Pauline said...

Finally - spring! Such lovely flowers, MOI!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

 
Blogger Diana said...

Pretty, pretty primroses! (The ones you weren't sure of the names of. They're like blooming jewels.)

A rooftop deck? How fabulous!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

 
Blogger Jocelyn said...

A DECK! That's seriously exciting!

All those flowers, especially my beloved Bleeding Heart...well, you've gotten me excited for, um, the end of June, when I can see such things in my own garden...

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVELY! Such wonderful colours...I'm so jealous. *pout*

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, beautiful shots, nothing like the rising of spring colour to bring a bounce into your step and still more verve into Mooky's life - watch out builders! ;-)

Friday, May 09, 2008

 
Blogger gary rith said...

MOOKY!
Listen, why do you live way up there but you have more blooming flowers than us down here????

Friday, May 09, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

Such beautiful flowers and I have some of the Jolly jump ups. I think they're called Johnny jump ups down here but it's the same flower. I have some pansies too. I love the photo of the big bumblebee on the bleeding hearts. Ahh spring...lovely photos MOI!

Friday, May 09, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are just starting to get a few blossoms here. Gotta love this time of year.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

 
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Our hyacinths and bleeding hearts are blooming, too. So is the serviceberry... maybe I'll get around to snapping photos and posting them someday soon.

Monday, May 12, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home