Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

More Serenity

Thundering Grande Chute Falls on the way to our cabins.....but when we get there, I love the peace and quiet. Hardly any other camps around.
















The view from lying down on my bed!



Plenty of firewood!

The boat house and outhouse! Only the men use it...we use the pink toilet inside the cook cabin!




A plethora of wild flowers around the cabins by the water....so pristeen!




The Cook cabin is so neat and very well equipped with hot running water from the pump and propane tank.

The old bridge has seen better days and now no cars can cross, only ATV's. But it's so classic and scenic!





A great sunset every night. And a loon who we hadn't heard all week, finally started calling on the last night. It was eerie and very unusual as I'd never heard it call so many times at so many intervals during the night. I'm taking it as a good omen because I love loons and had missed him. Good vibes from nature and the Universe and all that..

Mother of Invention, still savouring my memories.





Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and thanks so very much for savouring your memories with us!!

You know I love this kind of nature adventures. Nothing is more relaxing, nice and quiet and really breath taking. Again it strikes me how similar your fauna is to the Norwegians.

Wishing you a great week ahead dear blog friend :-)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

Doesn't communing with nature just feed your soul?

Sunday, August 31, 2008

 
Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI. I can sit beside the sounds of rushing waters for hours and hours and watch the sunsets...envious! You're having a wonderful life! Cheerio.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

It all looks so peaceful. I need somewhere like that. :)

Monday, September 01, 2008

 
Blogger gary rith said...

Oh, what a gorgeous set of pics!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

 
Blogger Clowncar said...

I once heard loons on Lake Itasca in Minnesota. You are right, they are eerie and beautiful.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

 
Blogger GEWELS said...

How beautiful- the sunsets, the wildflowers, the river, even that scary rickety old bridge.

So glad you got to soothe your spirit in such a beautiful place.
Let us know how everything goes with your health issues.
Healing thoughts keep coming your way.
xoxo
G

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Oh dear,
when seeing those photos ----
-- I do not be ashamed of beeing sentimental
-- my childhood dreams and experiences with my late father.
THAT's LIFE.
A very important part of my childhood.

Thanks for sharing

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

 
Blogger fennymun said...

wow, MOI, this are really beautiful and peaceful places. Thanks for posting up these wonderful photos, esp the one with sunset. :)

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks totally idyllic.

Hope you are doing well - you are in my thoughts.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

 
Blogger bulletholes said...

Did you take Mooky?

Thursday, September 04, 2008

 
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'm so envious I can hardly type. You are completely right about the soul-restoration found in Nature's peace.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

 
Blogger Annelisa said...

Luverly. Truly a place to relax and be free...

Friday, September 05, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home