Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanksgiving at My House

I love fall and all the decorations that go with it. This year, I have even more to decorate with the addition. It's hard to believe that one year ago, the new room was just getting framed!

We were blessed with an amazing warm sunny weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving. I am glad that we have it in early fall when the actual event of harvest has just taken place, and the beauty of fall abounds. Take a tour of my my place and smell that turkey cooking!












I am so thankful for all I have in my life; wonderful family and friends, a really nice home with plentiful food, and a beautiful, peaceful country in which to live.
Happy Fall everyone!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

Hey, you still have all those flowers outside!
I like the red teapot up there, but I have to wonder where my feline pals are. Where's Mooky and the others?

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

 
Blogger Beverly said...

How very lovely! Thanks for letting us into your house and see your lovely decorations.

I hope that your fall will be blessed and as winter comes that your health will be stable.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

 
Blogger Bobbie said...

Your home is so warm and inviting. I can just picture all your guests sitting around the dining room table, enjoying your turkey dinner. I'm glad you had such great weather on Thanksgiving day.

Take care and enjoy your week.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh what gorgeous and heartwarming images! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Your home looks beautiful MOI! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

I always forget you celebrate Thanksgiving before we do. You should really enjoy your fabulous renovation this year!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Looks amazing - you sure went all out!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Thanks for stopping by Ruth, I'm sure you'll do great on the 31st.

I was wondering if you could please do me a little favor and let me know if when you come back onm y site to comment does my comments box automatically remembers you, or do you have to go through the inconvenience of signing in again?

Trying to suss it all out in Texas,
Jannie

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hey Ruth, me again. no I did not play the piano - that track is actually Band_In_A_Box! (I kid thee not. I arranged the songs with BIAB) All other instruments are real tho. The drummer is named Kevin Hall. www.kevinsticks.com

have a super-dooper day!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

Thanks for sharing photos of your home decorated for ‘fall’ with us. I’m glad you had such lovely weather for your Thanksgiving celebration.
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, October 17, 2008

 
Blogger Michele said...

Your home is lovely! Happy Fall!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I read something about thanksgiving over at Steve's place and though I'd come and take a look.

Where's the turkey?

Sunday, October 19, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a warm and lovely home. Thank you for inviting me in. Yes.. we have much to be grateful for.
Happy fall! :-)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm way behind in visiting! Great pics of lovely decorations - thanks for sharing.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving.

Monday, October 27, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home