Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Poetry...SATURDAY?!






Mona gave the word for all to HEAR!


Hear YE! Hear YE!

Friends, Romans, Countrymen,

Lend me your ears!

(they've got to be better than mine!)

Do your ears hang low do they....

Listen up! Ecoutez!

Hear me out....

Do you hear what I hear?

A startling cry pierced my ears....

or was that the jeweller in the mall?

"Speak up, don't you mumble...."

(James Taylor said it best.)

Damned hearing aids get tangled in my hair

and earrings,

trying to tear them out too quickly

as the jet's engines

roar to life down the runway

and no one warned me!

Why, yesterday, it was only a mere robin

in that distant tree

that was annoying me,

assaulting my sensitized ear drums

with his grating chirp!

Gotta get the set volume turned down on these babies...

But that does seem rather redundant,

doncha think?!!


Ears to ya!





Mother of Invention, who will never quite get used to wearing the cursed things!








Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

Have a good weekend, MOI!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful words - yes I hear you; all the way from Norway :-)

Wishing you a wonderful end to your week.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I heard that loud and clear! :)

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Good fun that.

Here's hoping you have a lovely weekend!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Such an important sense!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Consider "that little thing" the same way as glasses.
You have are your senses working and you can enjoy to hear and see the best of the nature, which you so much love.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing over the wonderful twists and turns! Brava!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Blogger red dirt girl said...

hi sweetie!

your strength and courage and ... sweet, happy smile has kept me believing in hope for the last ... ??? almost 2 years !!

i'm missing all my friends. i've been reincarnated. i'm now a mule. i would like to say that i'm packing on a new trail. sad to say - not yet. but school's great and keeping me insanely sane!

i know you can hear. you don't listen with your ears - you always listen with your heart!

xxx
rdg
(morphed into a mule)

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 
Blogger storyteller said...

Ah … wonderful series of familiar associations to this prompt! Love the reference to James Taylor … the way the robin led you on … and the ‘Ears to ya! Sorry you’re having trouble with the hearing aids.
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, September 28, 2008

 
Blogger bulletholes said...

eCOUUTEZ AND REPETEZ!
tHATS WHAT MY 9TH gRADE fRENCH TEACHER USED TO SAY...
tHEN WHEN SHE COLLECTED (OOPS)
collected the cassette tapes we were supposed to be making in french, mine said
"Bonjour, Mr. Phelps, your mission , if you decide to accept it....blah blah blah...this tape will self destruct in five seconds."

I got in trouble for that!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I cleaned out the tubes in a three-year-olds hearing aids a few days ago - sand and ear wax are not a good mix!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

 
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

poetry saturday sounds like a good idea to me! (sounds, hear, get it? I totally crack myself up sometimes.)

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

MOI, I'm happy to see another poem and this one speaks loud and clear. I hope that getting used to the hearing aid will get easier and less frustrating for you. Poetry Saturday sounds like a neat idea, was sure missing your poetry on Friday.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Great poem. I have hearing aids, and I have NEVER gotten used to them. I'm sorry I'm late getting by here.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

 
Blogger fennymun said...

I am never good at poetry but your words always sound wonderful to me.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home