Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Poetry Friday- Touch

The Healing Touch- A re-post for Mona.

I am lucky to live in a house in which my husband practises as a Chiropractor, alongside Registered Massage Therapists and support staff. These people work closely together towards the common goal of making people better. They are warm, sincere, and truly giving of themselves to others. This piece is just one person's perspective of these wonderful people. I have heard countless complimentary things about them over the years.
In The House of Healing

A stable force is in my home,

Constant, reliable, dependable,

Peacefully permeating the porous walls,

A friendly feeling of well-being,
Positive energy,
A surging power of trust,
Genuine, gentle, caring spirits,
Selflessly offering skill-honed hands,
Passing on The Healing Touch.
And this feeling steadily and evenly emanates
From its source,
Reaching me, as I rest
On the other side of the wall,
Totally relaxed, eyes closed,
Having received their Gift.
Mother of Invention, looking forward to my next treatment.

10 Comments:

Blogger storyteller said...

Beautifully shared blessings in your poetry today! I’m happy for you that you have such support available … and a wee bit jealous that I don’t ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, October 10, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Lovely words MOI and it must be wonderful to have all those healing vibes in your home. :)

Friday, October 10, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What wonderful words - and you're so blessed to have all that brilliant healing energy around you!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

 
Blogger Beverly said...

How wonderful to have that all around you. I love my visits to the chiropractor.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

 
Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's better than having a car mechanic in the family!

I have some pictures you might like. xo

Sunday, October 12, 2008

 
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You all are so lucky to have such wonderful loving energy flowing in the place where you work and live.

I bet you have a lot of satisfied repeat customers.

This is going to sound totally corny but... this post made me feel the love. Really!

Happy-happy.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

What a wonderful poem and MOI, I felt that this is almost a love poem dedicated to your husband...a healing and comforting poem, thanks for sharing this!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

 
Blogger goatman said...

I have used a massage therapist off and on for years now. I will never forget my first visit as I floated out the door with the urgent request for me to "drink plenty of water now".
The massages plus a yoga regimen has kept my once-painful back from dragging me down. Muscles stretched and relaxed to find their tone.

Your poem, a fine dedication.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

 
Anonymous Lead Abatement Detroit said...

Very nice blog youu have here

Monday, October 31, 2022

 

Post a Comment

<< Home