Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Hallowe'en!

Our Hallowe'en day was a beuty 17C and sunny and the evening was perfect for all the little kiddies going trick-or-treating.


I don't have a clue how to take pictures at night but here they are! Since when did people get into carving multiple pumpkins? My dad only ever carved one simple grinning face....and it was the best. But now people really get into it and decorate like crazy. They even have orange and purple outdoor lights.






















Love how my camera caught the ghost flying by!!
This is such a cool effect that happened unexpectedly when I selected the night time button in hopes of getting a clearer picture! HA!

Yesterday, I dressed up as a Russian style witch and read, "Bony Legs to the Gr. 3's at my school. Then, I sang several songs with my guitar. I so miss that part of teaching!
Hope you all had a fun Hallowe'en!











12 Comments:

Blogger storyteller said...

How fun to see your Halloween photos ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, November 01, 2008

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Great pictures and pumpkins! :)

Sunday, November 02, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween to you Ruth even though it is somewhat late. The Halloween pics are awesome!

Monday, November 03, 2008

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Great Halloween pics!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Aaaaarg! Those pumpkins look thoroughly scary! Amazing how people really get into it.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

 
Blogger TorAa said...

You gave us a fantastic impression of your Halloween.
Then next, you have show us all your Russian style - playing Guitar "Witch".

btw. My head was absolutely blown into "emptyness" just after lightning the Candles on my sons grave on "Toussaintes".
Last Monday, I stayed in Bed like a Zoombie, just stiring up on the ceiling, unable to anything at all.

-----

South of Canada, the People have voted for a person that I hope and believe will change USA to something much better - for the Mankind and the Nature

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

 
Blogger fennymun said...

wow, good effects! Those glowing and flying pumpkins are scary....

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our little ghosts and goblins also enjoyed a balmy Halloween. Love the pumpkins all carved and lit.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

 
Blogger bulletholes said...

yA KNOW HOW YOU SAY "boo" (oops) in Russian?
Kabooski!
(I made that one up)
I went as a Monster taco this year. talk about bad gas the next day!
(made that one up too, just now)
You know how you say "I'm not afraid of you" in Russian?

(hehehehe)
"ue don skaermi!" only the R is sposed to be backwards.

Hi mom, hope i didn't mess up your blog!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

 
Blogger Lynette said...

Haaa, MOI, I love your pictures and you sure captured the fun of Halloween, these are just wonderful and so spooky!!

Friday, November 07, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Thanks for sharing your photos.

I've moved my blog to WordPress. here's the new URL (the old blog has a link, for now...):
http://coffeedrinkingwoman.wordpress.com/

Saturday, November 08, 2008

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Those photos are great. It looks like Halloween was a great hit.

Monday, November 10, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home