Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

To Hell With The Bell!














School officially started on Tues. of this week but not for the old retirees! We got together at one teacher's cottage for a great lunch and day at the beach. We call this annual celebration, "To Hell With The Bell!" I love that name! We had so much fun. I'm lucky to have these neat babes to hang out with and meet on a monthly basis, but the first one in September is special.
The weather was perfect! You can bet we weren't thinking of all those years we were handing out notebooks and going over classroom rules!











10 Comments:

Blogger goatman said...

What will you do with yourselves now that classes are really over?

Many good memories I suspect. Do any of your past students ever contact you?

Thursday, September 10, 2009

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hi Goatman!

I see many of them often. Some are in high school and others even have kids! I live in a small town so you see their parents and siblings etc. I also plan to volunteer at the school one morning a week. I belong to a few choirs and swim every day.

I have mostly very good memories.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

 
Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

that is the absolute prettiest beach---too bad the snow will be flying soon.....

Friday, September 11, 2009

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh you're making me sooo jealous! However, come December 17th 2009 I'll be saying the same - To Hell With The Bell! LOL

Love the photos BTW.

Friday, September 11, 2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth! That's a lovely beach and it looks like you guys had a lovely weather to savour as well. Loves it!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

 
Anonymous RennyBA's Terella said...

Glad you enjoyed and it really shows in the photos too!

Happy Weekend dear blog friend :-)

Friday, September 18, 2009

 
Blogger TorAa said...

I read this post for Anna, you know she still do teaching in the age of 61.
She laughed and laughed and said the name of the "Club" is absolutly thrilling and right to the point.

What a thrilling time you had - out in the nature.
Canadians and Norwegians are so alike. Addicted to Nature.

Hope you will have more time for blogging in the future.
(So do I when we in two weeks time will return to our Winterhome. It's hard to realize the Summer is past history)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

 
Blogger Pauline said...

What a great way to celebrate not having to return to work!

525 school days left for me and then it's to hell with the bells for me too! (not that I'm counting ;)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

 
Blogger prashant said...

that is the absolute prettiest beach---too bad the snow will be flying soon.....
Work From Home

Thursday, October 08, 2009

 
Blogger Richard said...

Looks like it was dun. I',m sure the brutally hot weather in August helped to warm the water.

Ay my kids' school (Lycee Francais), they celebrated the return to school in traditional French fashion - they had a strike on the 3rd day.

Friday, October 09, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home