Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cutting Some Rug?

DON'T ever do this: Put down a little scatter mat for your cats to use by the fireplace WITHOUT putting an under pad underneath first!

Two weeks ago I did this and came sailing into the room and slid onto the floor, tearing some ligaments in what was already my bad knee. I also badly sprained my ankle. The last 2 weeks have been nothing but icing, putting my leg up on my Lazy Girl chair, reading, and hobbling around with a cane. My cats haven't even noticed my pain, of course!

The one good thing is that I have read many good books: Nicholas Sparks', Dear John, Wally Lamb's, She's Come Undone, and the best one, The Book of Negroes which I am half way through now.

I've had lots of time to practice my choir concert songs, one of which is a duet I'm singing, JT's version of "You've Got a Friend". I'm singing the pretty higher harmony part. Hope we do it well this Sat.!!

Up here , lilacs are just out and lily of the valley too! It is actually going to be 28C today and that's unseasonably warm but we'll take it! I'm so on my deck!


13 Comments:

Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH what a horrible accident!
and yes, some like it HOT!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

 
Anonymous RennyBA said...

Poor you - wish I was there to kiss and make up :-)

Good luck with your choir concert!

You are a week ahead of us in Oslo, Norway. Lilacs has still some time to bloom.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

 
Blogger bulletholes said...

LOOK WHO'S BACK!!!
It don't matter what I am walking on..I can slip!
I do it all the time, barefoot on the carpet, and running into the kitchen like a gangbuster cuz I'm like STARVING to death and I don't even make it to the kitchen...i slip on the carpet in the living room cuz I'm trying to take that turn too fast!
Slow down Stevo!
Say hey to that cat...whats his name ...Whoopsie?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

OH NO, what a terrible thing to happen, but so easily done. :0

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

 
Blogger Waterbaby said...

Oh no!! please stop hurting yourself! lol it is good that you had the free time to read all those books, I wish I could sit in a lazy girl and read books for two weeks!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Oh my, I'm sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope that it gets better without too much damage.

It's also nice to hear from you again, but sorry that it took a spill like that!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

 
Blogger Pauline said...

sorry to hear about your injury! hope you are well on the mend!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Lily of the Valley - he he (It's beginning with L in Norwgian too).

It seems you are busy, take care of your knee, would be sad if you could not go canoing in the wilderness this summer.

28 C - at this time of year? That's amazing and normally a bit too hot for me.

When does School start Summerhollyday?

Anna has 18 more days to teach before 7 weeks off.

Cats are in and out - haha - you know;))

Hugs from
Norway

Monday, May 25, 2009

 
Blogger GEWELS said...

Yikes! Hopefully you're recovering nicely.
Nothing like an accident to waylay us when we're busy TRYING to do something else.
Good luck and happy reading.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

 
Blogger goatman said...

It is odd how our best intentions can come back to bite us sometimes.
Reaching in an odd way for the dog bowl sent me to the ER recently when I pinched a nerve in my back. Dog got fed though!!
Looks as if you have many spring flowers yet to look forward to.

I hear that today is the first day of summer.. . Best to you

Sunday, June 21, 2009

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I hope you've recuperated well!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have similar tastes when it comes to books. I just finished reading "She's Come Undone" and have just started "The Book Of Negroes". For me, one of the best parts of summer is sitting out side with a good book. :-) Hope the rest of your summer brings lots of sunshine.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the ankle is all better by now!

Monday, July 06, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home