Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, December 14, 2007

Computer Glitches!

This one was taken from the car as we approached the snowsquall.One second we had briliant sun and the next we were into it.








Sorry I have no internet access on my own computer so am limited to the use of the office computer.. which translates to very little! I am also really busy with two choirs, both singing cantatas this weekend so am spending every night practising. Then, there are also several lunch get-togethers and the usual shopping, decorating and sending cards, all of which I am late doing.

I have been dealing with two different knee problems which necessitate the use of a cane for stairs...and I have plenty in my house! One knee is afflicted with tendonitis (sp?) of the patella and the other is "baker's cyst". (I knew I should never have made those shortbread's! HA!)

The trips to the attic for gifts and decs are killing my knees, even though I'm wearing a brace like the NBA players do!

The reno is coming along and we have our 3-sided fireplace installed today as well as heat! Inside brick work is done so the next step is drywall! They'll be breaking through the wall to the existing part of the house just after Christmas and then.... the REAL MESS begins!

I'm off to the dietitian today to discuss sugar and limiting carbs...what a time of year for that! (My sugar has improved and my cholesterol tests, kidney and thyroid were all NORMAL!)

I'll leave you with some bright sunny pics after the last storm and a promise that I WILL be back visiting when time AND computer permit!
Happy preparations and try not to get too stressed out!








Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger GEWELS said...

Sorry about the knees. But, sounds like maybe your fluey symptoms have subsided?
The pics are gorgeous.
Happy Singing!

Friday, December 14, 2007

 
Blogger storyteller said...

Hope you're over whatever you've had lately. Sorry about the knee problems! That's the worst ... especially with stairs, so make someone else do the climbing and save yourself! As always ... the pictures (and song) provide a pleasant "break" in the blogging. Food for thought: stressed is dessert spelled backwards, so have some sugarless cookies!
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, December 14, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Try not to get too stressed out, she says. Aaaaaaaargh - I'm beyond stressed out! ;-)

Those knees sound really sore - do take good care of yourself and erm, um, try to go easy. Yes, I know, hello kettle this is pot.

Stunning and gorgeous pics - so weird to see while it continues to bake and boil here.

Friday, December 14, 2007

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Sounds like you are keeping plenty busy despite the bad knees. I hope the health of your knees and your computer improves soon!

Friday, December 14, 2007

 
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

all that snow is so lovely.

Hope your knees are feeling better soon.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

 
Blogger Richard said...

Love the snowy pics. I think we are having a nice white Winter so far.

Sorry about the knees. Isn't getting older a real bummer?

Glad to hear you have lots going on. I am sure you wish things were quieter, but on the other hand, I find having a lot going on to keep my mood up (well, as long as it is not putting out fires).

Saturday, December 15, 2007

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Having had to have a knee replacement I can empathise with your knee problems - OUCH!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Put your Cat on your knees - some wisw person told me some years ago.
-- Why?
-- They have ultra sounds
-- What?
-- Yeah the Cats prrrr, is ultra sound. They even heal themselves.
-- Hold on --- I said
-- As a matter of fact - Veg's can verify that they (Cats) very seldom have Cat clients with bone deseases, but very often dogs - and studies have revelead this simple fact.

Take care in the Cold season - me same problems - just back from Argentina - will pick up our Cats in a day or two.
X-Mas coming puff on us

It's White outside. But the moon is opposite as in Argentina.

hugs
--

Monday, December 17, 2007

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

Those pictures are so incredibly beautiful.

Hope the knees get better soon!

Monday, December 17, 2007

 
Blogger Pauline said...

wonderful pictures as usual - hope the knees feel better by the time the big holiday arrives.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Gewells: You're right...flu's gone! had a great concert and one more to go that got cancelled due to snow!

Storyteller: Thanks.....yes, someone gave me some sugarless cookies!

Absolute Vanilla: Thanks...I'm getting there but it's hard to avoid stairs. The only baking going on here is cookies!

Barbara: Me too! As always, healing is slow with me as is the computer guy in coming to help!

Coffee-drinking woman: Thanks...we have tons extra...help yourself!

Richard: This is definitely like the winters of my childhood!

Understatement of the year on getting older!

You're so lucky to have kids this time of year! They surely help keep your spirits up!

Akelamalu: Then you know far worse pain I can only imagine!

Toraa: Hey! Welcome back, my friend! It is surely a winter wonderland here!

I'd try cat u;tra-sound if my cats would only let me hold them on my knees but I'm afraid I'd get scratched worse than the knee pain!!

Grizz: Thanks! Have a feeling there's lots more snow to come!

Pauline: That's what I'm hoping for! The trips to the attic are almost over! Thanks! Bet you're counting the days with your class now!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 
Blogger Diana said...

I'm finally making my rounds after being AWOL for about a week. This time of year isn't good for one's blogging, one's blood sugars or one's waistline, is it?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Diana: You got that right! But I've been doing really well on the sugar so far and have dropped 5 llbs so I'm pleased. (You don't want to know how I'm doing it but my doctor and dietician say if it works, do it. I'm just grazing with small amts of carb and very little fast-acting insulin!)

Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home