Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A New Dawn! Another Smile!

Today is warm and sunny and going to be 17 degrees, like it should have been all this past long weekend! And my lilacs have all bloomed and peaked! What a wonderful smell in my backyard....wish I could freeze frame this day!

The hot tub did it again today...made all those gurgly noises that were really coming from my new computer ocean screensaver...only this time I found my calico cat, Socks, on the desk, eyes huge, watching and pawing the fish and seahorses floating across the screen! It's so crazy...the same yellow fish comes in and out of the screen at different angles, forwards and then backwards..it's an absolute hoot! Seems like her natural curiosity and penchant for fish won out against her fear of these strange loud sounds of water which she normally hates!

That screensaver will be the source of smiles and chuckles for a long time!



Mother of Invention, still wondering how the heck the hot tub knows I've got my computer on! And wondering if I shall start seeing that darn crazy yellow fish swimming in my bath tomorrow!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Eatapeach said...

I grew up in Upstate New York, Rochester to be exact - the mothership of lilacs. I don't think there is any more pleasant scent than that of fresh lilacs. I am jealous.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

eatapeach: I'd love living there too,then! Yes, it's a shame they can't last longer! If I knew how to put pics in blogs, I'd do it! (see blog on my non-techiness!) Do you think the purple and white smell the same or are the white more fragrant?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home