Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Gone Fishin' ! I'm Surviving!

(see Legacy of The Log Cabins (April) and The Annual Spring Fishing Trip (May)


Well, the "boys" left yesterday at 6:00 a.m. for the much-awaited, meticulously planned spring fishing trip up to the log cabins in Quebec. The Pathfinder was packed to the GILLS, (HA! no pun intended, well, not at first anyway!)

It was very hard to say good-bye for a few reasons. We kept coming back for more hugs and kisses. He told me I'd be fine but I'm not sure that he was sure. This is the first time since my heart attack in March that I have been alone, and my mind tends to be overactive, imagining all the things that could possibly happen. Last night is actually the only night I had to be by myself and I survived!

I went to my choir concert and watched in the audience,which seemed weird but I had missed most of the practices. Then they invited me up to sing our traditional encore, "Shine On Me", one of my favourite Gospel songs. I know it perfectly and always say, "Whoopy, eat your heart out!" when we do this one. I got tears in my eyes when they all clapped as I found my usual spot and the leader told the audience that, yes, this was the girl who had had the heart attack. The girl next to me instinctively clasped my hand to infuse her strength and support. I got such a warm and caring response and lots of hugs from my choir friends. I must have been the youngest person in that room and many people were coming up to me afterwards in disbelief, asking me all about it.

It was all very touching and showed me that these people really were glad I was back.
And it all felt so right.

I went out for coffee afterwards and was pleasantly tired when I crawled into my big empty bed. Well, not that empty...my little feline friends, Socks and Mooky, slept curled up beside me and we all purred our happiness.


Hey, now there are just three more sleeps until he returns! But I have my nieces staying tonight and my older sister for the last two nights and I shall have a grand time visiting.

There are lots of outings planned and upon the return of the fisherman, we will both have tales to tell! (And my felines will find their OWN place to sleep!)



Mother of Invention, happy that I have such wonderful connectedness in my world and to the people in it!

1 Comments:

Blogger RennyBA said...

First of all Happy Mother's Day to you!
I can't wait to hear about their fishing stories - I just love fishing you know:-)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home