Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Making Progress!

Just got back from cardio and got good news about tests!

Now (May 1st) Jan. 2006

LDL (bad fat!) 1.13 2.5

HDL (good stuff) 1.80 1.6

Triglycerides .65 1.1

Total 3.23 5.2


They said it was excellent! Just have to get the sugar down from 0.085 closer to 7%.

Today I worked a lot harder and actually got in my target range for about 10 minutes which was only 124 at this point. I did the treadmill for 7 minutes at 2.8 miles per hour, the bike for 7 minutes, and in 6 minutes of hall laps I got 7 sticks which is 1 more than they even want you to get! I was actually sweating!
Yesterday, I biked on the balcony for 20 minutes and walked for 7 minutes.


Well, baby steps, baby steps...I'll get there!

Mother of Invention, gradually getting my heart rate up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got a good report! I used to use the bicycle and treadmill, but am addicted to the elliptical trainer these days... but nothing's easy. Keep it up!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks! I'm tryin' but sometimes I have to remind myself that it'll take time. We had a Norditrack Ellipse for awhile but the tension is broken and, (just my luck!) it's stuck on HIGH! It is such a huge dinosaur and is now just sitting in my husband's x-ray room which he has never used! Argh!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home