Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Village of Truth


I am the Chieftain of my own tribe
I speak my truths
with the many voices
residing in my village -
But you may never understand my truths
You may not even hear them
or even recognize the voice with which I speak them
for your village may be far away from mine
and all you may see are lips moving
and all you may hear are the distant echoes…

We all sing different songs,
dance different steps,
and drum different beats
at our council ring fires….
But we must accept and respect
each other’s truths

the need that they be our own

and no one else’s
Mother of Invention, looking to my Truths, singing, dancing and drumming from my village.

2 Comments:

Blogger RennyBA said...

Lovely said - it's all about mutual trust and equal opportunities you know:-)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks,Renny. It's also mutual respect as well as self-respect; a fine balance.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home