Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

My week has been busy...cardio guy on Mon., Gyne on Wed. and cardio rehab on Tues. and Thurs.....Massage on Fri.!!!! Yah!

Got blood tests done Mon. morning and went to the cardio man, Dr. Hess, who used to work from the house across the street so we made that connection right away. Then the girl who did the ECG was a girl I taught in Gr. 3 at Tos! Here she is years later putting ticker stickers on me full boobs in view! Weird!


The cardio guy said to us that he thought I looked like that babe on Grey's Anatomy, the one who is now going out with the vet. Was funny that he should watch a Doctor/hospital show and we had just both watched part of it for the 1st time the night before! Do you watch it? I can kinda see it with her wide face and smile and longish hair..but not the age!! HA!

Yesterday, I tried on shorts and yuck! I have a bigger middle than I Used to and my legs are all dinty looking and bruised because of blood thinners! I need major firming up! The cardio lady said today that beta-blockers knock the crap out of you so of course that's why I am so tired, in addition to my usual tiredness.

My sweetheart of a husband set up my bike mounted on a magnetic trainer in the backyard so I don't have to walk as much because my foot was getting sore and swollen. He also got me a heart monitor which works great. It beeps when I get over the max. heart rate and when under the min. target range. We take our pulse a lot in the cardio class and I can't feel mine.

At the GYNE, it seems that I'm almost through menopause...no period for over a year and very few hot flashes so she dismissed me, just as she did you! I've graduated I guess! Not sure if I should celebrate or mourn!

Sitting low for this weekend since I burned the candle at both ends last weekend and paid for it dearly.

Mother of Invention, constantly re-inventing myself it seems!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that Friday's massage was more pleasurable than the doctor visits. Take care!

Monday, May 08, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Way more,thanks! It's my carrot at the end of the week and it's done right in our house, (my husband's chiropractic office part) so it's just there waiting for me to fill my name in a spot! Too bad it's not free!!!

Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home