Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dull and Cold!

Well, it looks as if Firecracker Day from my childhood would certainly be serving up warm blankies and hot chocolate this weekend. It is very cool, cloudy and windy; not even good enough for a bike ride. Not even BBQ weather! More like a go clean the attic trying to downsize clothes and junk sort of day!
I've already taken 3 big bags of clothes to our local second hand store. I have empty hangers to use and you know what that means! Clothes shopping. But that can wait until next week.

A good day to curl up in front of my non-existent fireplace and read the paper or a good book. Maybe I'll rent a movie. Perhaps I'll finally get out my guitar and practise some Gr. 1, 2, and 3 songs for school. There's always laundry, dishes, and other mundane maintenance tasks.

My husband has made 5 trips to the plant places and hasn't planted one flower yet! The annual planting marathon is on hold.

The day will go by uneventfully I suppose and will simply "evolve" into whatever. That's okay though. Sometimes you need those non-entities!


Mother of Invention, just letting it happen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Hi - thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm wishing for a fireplace to curl up in front of today, too.

Monday, May 22, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

You're welcome and thanks for your visit too! Amazing how many different walks of life bloggers share! Always interesting to see where one fits into the grand scheme!

Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home