Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Look of Fall!

Our ranch!
Mookie surveying the landscape!


Of course she always scratches on her favourite post.



The wind will blow most of these leaves off this maple tomorrow!


Mooky scouting for falling leaves!





Looking down from the balcony off the summer bedroom.



A maple leaf fell onto a burning bush!



A Canadian classic! These maple cream sandwich cookies just had to be displayed in my new maple leaf dish! How Canadian, eh??!!



Proud to be Canadian!

8 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

You do have leaves falling, don't you. I've been in New York and Virginia this month, so I've seen leaves change and fall too. I head back to Florida on Sunday, where it is still quite hot. I hear the mornings and evenings are cooling off though.

I love your Mookie. He reminds me of Hector, the neighbor's cat here who lives a couple of doors down from my son and his wife. He is the most mellow cat I've met in a long time, and Ella adores him, in fact, she channels him.

Enjoy the rest of your fall, as winter comes in.

Friday, October 30, 2009

 
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Your views look very much like England at the moment. :)

Friday, October 30, 2009

 
Anonymous RennyBA's Terella said...

You've all the reason to be proud and these pics proof the golden beauty of fall!

Happy Weekend :-)

Saturday, October 31, 2009

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks, Bev, Ake, and Renny!

I love the beauty of fall....and my Mookie!

Sunday, November 01, 2009

 
Blogger Richard said...

There is a lot of colour in Madrid. Still alot of green. Sweet Gum trees (which look astonishingly like Maples) are turning fiery red. Chestnut trees are going drab yellow. But, best of all, plants are still flowering. Yesterday, I noticed these wonderful orange flowers that hadn't been there the week before.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really believe that few places can compete with the carpet of leaves left by our beautiful Canadian Maple trees. I recently had the pleasure of a trip to southern Ontario and the autumn colours took my breath away.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

 
Blogger Pauline said...

Lovely photos. Our leaves are all down now and bare branches clatter in the wind. Bringing a cuppa in exchange for one of those maple leaf cookies!

Saturday, November 07, 2009

 
Blogger Annelisa said...

This year is always 'wow' and your view is gorgeously so! I hope you're ok Roothie...I'll be in touch soon. Thinking of you often xx

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home