Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dad's B-Day!

Today is my dad's 88th birthday. He wanted a white cake with pink icing...don't laugh! This is what his mother always made him when he was a child. It's amazing to me how strong and long lasting the mother bond is in this life. Parents really do have a huge impact on our whole lives.

I had a friend who used to be a baker, make the double layer cake. It looks beautiful..pink with white lettering...I think I'll get a balloon with 88 on it if I can. Imagine turning 88 on the 8th day of the 8th month! Once-in-a-lifetime, eh?! Missed 1918 by 1 year!

We're going to my parents' for dinner tonight and I'll take some pics. Hope you're having a good day, Dad!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Annelisa said...

Happy Birthday to your dad, sweetheart - That's a big one!

Funnily enough, talking of parents, it would be my parent's 50th anniversary today... and worst of all, I've only just this minute remembered it!! :-( I'm sure mum won't mind though. I'll pop down to the coase and see her in the morning.

Hope you have a lovely meal and enjoy the pink cake :-)

See you soon

XX

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 
Blogger TorAa said...

What a coincidence - your dad is 88 this year. My mom too.
Hope he will get his cake and have lots of memories to tell when eating it.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

Happy Birthday, Dad! Save a piece of cake for me.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 
Blogger Barbara said...

It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating his birthday last year. How about publishing another one of his poems? He is so talented. Happy birthday to your Dad! Enjoy the pink-and-white cake.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Annelisa: I did! Thanks! It is a huge one...he's a very lucky man to have lived so well for so long.
The cake was excellent! Have a good visit with your mum.

Toraa: How'd you know he did that? He kept us entertained with fun tales of long ago.

Grizz: Thanks. Hurry up here..it'll be gone by tomorrow's lunch!

Barbara: The cake was better than the one I made last year! I do actually have one more poem of his I'll post in the fall when people are all back from holidays...it seems as if many are away!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 
Blogger Diana said...

Judging by the picture, you found the "88" balloon! Happy birthday to your dad.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Diana: Thanks. I just got the girl to put on 2 stickrs that were "8"!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

 
Blogger Clive said...

Happy Birthday to Doug!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly a wonderful looking cake..I bet he loved it!!

How exciting to be 88 on the 8th day of the 8th month. :-)

Friday, August 10, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Clive: Thanks, I'll pass it on!

Coll: I loved iy too! That is kind of special..only happens once!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home