Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Monday, July 09, 2007

High Vibing It!

Rapunzel, from her castle, has tagged me for the High Vibes meme: What raises your vibes?
Hmmm..I have many actually!

1. My husband, family and friends always high vibe me. They are the most important entities in my life. I love connecting, sharing time at meals, coffees, or on holidays up at the lake. I spend a lot of energy e-mailing, phoning and getting together with these people in order to stay connected. Having no kids, we are able to do this more easily and these people have all expressed their appreciation that we have always done this well.




2. My cats are almost real people to me! Mooky and Socks are my little children and we give unconditional love to each other constantly. They give me much joy and feature prominently in my life as High Vibers!



3. Kids in school or other people's kids give me a lot of joy and amusement. I have a good rapport with kids and can establish a really fun relationship with them easily.



4. Music...my two choirs, singing to guitar with kids or by myself, listening to my Cd's, and going to the odd concert raise my energy and appreciation of life. I am really emotionally touched by much music and it makes me feel connected to the world in a spiritual way.



5. SALES! garage sales, flea markets, second hand stores and getting a good bargain at any store gets my adrenaline going! I love clothes, antiques, and knick-knacks and I can always rationalise a purchase if it's a steal.



6. Physical Touch...I love massage and treat myself to one every week. I couldn't live without a lot of hugging my husband, family and friends. I crave cuddling with my husband.



7. Exercise. As much as this is sometimes difficult for me, I feel good and proud after I've walked, biked, or had a good session of working out. I usually only do it for 40 minutes, but with all my health issues, that's doing well for me.



8. Writing. I left this till last since it's almost a given for most bloggers. I've always tried to express myself by writing stories and poems since about Gr. 3. It is an excellent way for me to get all the thoughts, feelings, and issues that are rolling around my head, out outside myself. There is a sense of relief and accomplishment when you see your writing in a concrete form on paper or a computer screen.





I think that's it for now! If you'd like to grab this meme, please do. It's a great way to focus on the positive aspects of your life. It helped me do that especially now when I have some precarious health issues pending.

Thanks, Rapunzel!

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

I enjoyed reading about your vibes M.O.I.! eek, I'm running from tags though LOL!

Monday, July 09, 2007

 
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is a great one....I LOVED your answers..they were interesting and touching, too....In a way, this MEME lets you get to know a person from an inside positive viewpoint by what excites them....Great Vibes!

Monday, July 09, 2007

 
Blogger GEWELS said...

Love it!!! Focus on the good things in your life- we don't do it often enough.

Monday, July 09, 2007

 
Blogger meno said...

Yes, all those things and READING.

Plus cats, again.

Monday, July 09, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MoI - you've done it again!! shown us that indomitable spirit of yours, its strength and its compassions.

You are the first person I think of when it comes to a good Vibe in my life - always sending me an encouraging word.... which then led me to thing of all my blogging friends - what an awesome group: funny, witty, smart as whips, talented and all very very caring.......

and MY KIDS ...... that one goes without saying...like most children, they frustrate me, drive me nuts ......but darn, when they are with dad, i sure do feel that loneliness descend upon the house ....... just knowing that their warm little bodies are not in their rooms sleeping........or even hearing the high pitch whines of bickering ....... the background music of my days ........

always a joy to visit you, MoI

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger Bob said...

good stuff here. MUSIC! reading too. I would go nutzo without them both.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Lynette: Thanks and I don't blame you! Summer's too busy!

OldoldladyofHills: Thanks and I think it lets the person get to know themselves a bit better too, odd as that may sound!

Gewells: Yes, I liked this one.

Meno: Somehow reading never makes it to my list!

Rdg: Gee, Thanks! You always see the positive in me. We are an awfully dynamic group aren't we?!

Hope your kids come home soon!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Bob: How'd you slip in there ahead of me?!! I guess I read a lot of blogs and that's my major reading..I don't actually read too many books.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger gary rith said...

godness, I wish you felt better, but as I have said lately 'be joyful!'. Easier said than done sometimes.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Gr: Yeah, me too! Thanks! Still too hot up here! I'm trying to be joyful, but it's harder sometimes when you don't feel fabulous.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger Michele said...

Wonderful "vibes", Mother of Invention! We have lots in common. :-)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great meme - touching answers to those questions - thanks for sharing!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger Gattina said...

Cats, kids and writing that's the same with me !

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI! Great vibes indeed! Nice getting to know you. Cheerio!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger Diana said...

Nice, positive meme!

(Still no news from the docs, eh?)

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Rapunzel: Thanks and for the tag. Was a good one to do.

Renny: Thanks for reading. I'm a pretty open person.

Gattina: I love your cats! Mine to!

Twilite: Thanks! Cheerio backatcha!

Diana: Yes, you gotta love those. Not yet. Maybe Friday.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Well, you have the same metiere as Anna, and the same preferences in addition -

so what else to say - but I of course love this post.

PS - Renny and I are about to have cake, cofee, cognac and cigar and missing Cats

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I'm not a touchy feely person but I like to cuddle too. I am lucky that The Boyfriend loves to cuddle too. He's much more naturally affectionate than I am, which is good because he balances me out.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Most of what you said works for me too, except I would substitute DOGS for CATS!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Toraa: We must be a lot alike then which means she must be a great gal too! HA!
I'll have cake and coffee but no thanks to the other 3! Missing cats?? Yikes! Find them!

Griz: My husband was not cuddly or physically demonstrative when we met but he is more that way because I bring it out in him.

Barbara: Yes, and you'd be adding reding, which I really do little of, odd as that is.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home