Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Roses of Life

This is for Twilight and Mystic Rose, who obviously love roses. Twilight has been asking me to post the pic of my roses.

From bottom to top is a progression from all the endless possibilities and potential every living thing starts with, to the full blossom, and then just a minute past its peak until it's all downhill decay from there.

The first stage fascinates and captivates me! Your whole story is encapsulated in that bud and it is yet to unfold and reveal what is in store for you. It's like the feeling I get when I look into a young child's face or when you look wistfully at a picture of yourself as a kid, a time where one is yet relatively unmarked by life's events. A pure innocence of what lies ahead stares back at you..... and there are times when you just want to jump into the picture to re-capture the lively and carefree spirit, and simplicity of youth.

Perhaps at times,we all want to rewind the tape a little and become safely encased once again, waiting for our moment to emerge into a slightly different rose.



















Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I love roses. I wish didn't have such a black thumb so I could actually grow some.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Beautiful pictures. I love everything about roses!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love roses and also I used them during some warm facial wash. Lovely pictures btw!

Monday, June 25, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Grizz: It's just luck that I have some nice ones. Many get aphids and you are supposed to dust them so I guess I should!

Barbara: Me too, except that many don't smell like the ones I remember. The pink ones here are a wild type and smell gorgeous, the red - not at all. My favs are yellow like I had in my wedding bouquet and on the cake!

Chase: Thanks! That's interesting...what are they supposed to do for your face and how do you get them in he face wash? Is it rose oil or crushed petals?

Monday, June 25, 2007

 
Blogger goatman said...

Puts me in mind of a quote I heard recently:
"Some are dismayed that roses have thorns but I am just thankful that thorns have roses"
Wish I could attribute this.

Monday, June 25, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Goatman: I googled it and found..

Inspirational Quotes"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses." – Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr ...
www.angelicinspirations.com/page271.htm -

Thanks! I love this one. Puts a new positive spin on the loss of beauty.

Monday, June 25, 2007

 
Blogger twilite said...

Hi MOI! I like these words... "there are times when you just want to jump into the picture to re-capture the lively and carefree spirit, and simplicity of youth."

Thank for so much for the mention and the lovely roses.

Monday, June 25, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Twilite: You're welcome. I so wish we could re-capture our youth sometimes!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Twilite: You're welcome. I so wish we could re-capture our youth sometimes!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger gary rith said...

gorgeous

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger Diana said...

I, too, am a rose lover. Any flower that looks that beautiful and smells that wonderfully is hard to beat.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

I had to move mine around a bit to find the best place for them. They are on the side of the house, and have become a little wild. I like them like that!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 
Blogger mystic rose said...

oh wow, moi! thank you. what a nice surprise.. Yeah, i love roses, dont knwo why that is. there are more beautiful ones..the lotus and the lilies for example..and mroe fragrant too .

I still get a thrill when I see a new bud, on any flowering plant. It seems ot symbolise everythng that is good and auspicious in life.. the hope of beauty unfolding. :)

and these are lovely roses. esp. love the buds in the last pic.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home