Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Poetry Friday...Saturday!

The word from Maggie at Mind Moss (see sidebar) was pink. That girl has some hot ideas about that colour! Mine are pretty tame! Three Pink Childhood Musings! Maybe you will relate to at least two of them.


pondering the pink passion of my past!
#1

my dog, floppy!
stuffed pink pug
pajama bag
my pink flowered flannel
zippered inside
black velvety mouth
plastic nose
lively amber eyes
red felt tongue
its tip torn off
long floppy ears
sleeping on my bed
on my pink blankie
on the pink bedspread
dotted with knobs
pink fluffy scatter mat
all in the pink painted
room of a little girl
caught up in the passion of pink -
how I loved that dog!
#2
double bubble
pink
one cent
line down the middle
to split in half with your friend
tiny comic inside every one
collected hundreds
flavourful favourite
lasted for hours
inside bubbles snapping
huge outside bubbles
popping all over your face
what pink fun!
#3
candy floss
pink spun sweetness
strands on a stick
puffed up high
like a teased beehive hairdo
by an amazing magical air machine
pulling off lengths with your fingers
grainy sugar
melting in your mouth
mmmmm...
pink passion!
Mother of Invention, revisiting my pink past!

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Newton said...

Enjoyed the pink poems and bubblegum pics. How long will I be living in TN? That's a good question that I ask myself every day. I'm on the verge of life altering decisions--ending my relationship, moving on--or ? Who knows. It's been an interesting time so far and promises to be even more so as time marches on. In the meantime, cough, cough, the acetone burns my throat.

Normally, I would drive by towns like this with great relief that I don't live there. Is this a dream?

Saturday, September 30, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Sounds like you've come to an important fork in your road and have some huge decisions to make. Wow, that calls for a lot of pondering and asking yourself some pretty heavy-duty serious questions about what makes you ultimately happy. Well, maybe a good thing is you may not have to make your whole future in that polluted carcinogenic town!

I suppose you've already done this, but every time I've been faced with monumental decisions or choices, I actually write down on paper the pros and cons of each scenario and how each would make me respond or feel. If anything, it is interesting to look back at it once you've moved forward with something.

Good luck, Stephen...this may take awhile to weigh everything.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Stephen: Oh yeah, is it a dream? It certainly seems to have that quality! Hopefully not a nightmare! Would you like it to be just a dream?

Saturday, September 30, 2006

 
Blogger Lynnea said...

All three poems are lively and fun. They are happy childhood thoughts. I liked #3 the best!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Maggie: I liked #3 best too! (Technically and stylistically better.) Thanks! Is challenging to write about some of the words but is a fun idea. Always interesting to se what spills out.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

 
Blogger meno said...

I toss my hat in the ring for #3 as well.
And i am looking at my cat's pink nose.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently wrote a poem titled pink! It's about a wanting a pink blow up raft (need to be supported). I was in Roanoke today looking at a house that my son and his wife might buy and down in the cellar there was a pink blow up raft! I took pictures of me with it. I guess it will show up in a post at some point...although maybe not the whole poem because it came out of a therapy session. But since I've written it everything I see and read is PINK!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Meno: Thanks...who can resist candy floss? All my cats have always had black noses so when I got 2 calico cats it was weird to see their little pink noses! And pink paw pads!

Colleen: That is a neat parallel..pink support! And ain't that always the way? You all of a sudden see everything you were experiencing or thinking as never before, all around you. And for another connection, here in Canada yesterday were a gazillion "Runs For The Cure" (Breast Cancer) so this whole country was, "In the Pink"! They had tons of Pink Support! Hope your raft works the magic you need. Writing is definitely cathartic and therapeutic. Maybe you'll post an abridged version? Wonder what the title is?

Monday, October 02, 2006

 
Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Bazooka bubble gum...my favorite!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home