Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Night Vision

night vision

as the full moon rises
I sit and watch its guiding light
in the crispness of the clear night sky
and marvel at its appearance
it is a beacon that finds me - steadies me
and the sharp lens of life
focuses me directly on my path
but then broken gray clouds
scud slowly across the silver form
partly obscuring it from my view
intermittent flashes under
black shapes rapidly running now
and suddenly it is gone -
my eyes are transfixed
in my constant search
for completeness
it too must long to be whole once more
my thoughts become unsettled
and I feel lost...
just when I think I shall never regain
sight of my mentor
the fury of the dark clouds passes
revealing the brightness
in its entirety
I stare at this lighthouse
the clarity of my vision returns
and my spirit is calm once again
Mother of Invention, always looking for a phase of The Guiding Light!

13 Comments:

Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

That seems to capture the moods quite well, I think.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

There are so many powerful rhythms in nature. They happen so faithfully that we often fail to notice. Just think what a panic we would be in if the sun refused to shine or the waning moon never grew full again.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

I love the moon. You did a wonderful job capturing the mood of the picture in words.

Friday, September 22, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Teri: Thanks! That's an important thing for a writer to do.

Barbara: Yes, that would be quite catastrophic! We look to these elements as the constants in our lives. Think how much we talk about the sun especially and how it is in our dauly conversations about the weather. And the moon is just plain magical for me.

Brooksba: Thanks! I only wish I could say that I took this fabulous picture! I wrote the poem and then searched for the best picture...this one seemed perfect for my words.

Friday, September 22, 2006

 
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Are you a fan of "Here Comes The Moon" by George Harrison? It's always touched me somehow.

Have you had a chance to come by for a look at my recent moon shot? I have another at the old blogspot. Maybe this will provide added motivation to kick my transfer into a higher gear.

Friday, September 22, 2006

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

I like your poetry.

Friday, September 22, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

KIlroy: No, not really..guess "Here Comes The Sun" sort of overSHONE that one! HA!
Yes, I've seen your fabulous moon shots! What a camera you must have!

Old Lady: Thanks very much! Nice to hear.

Friday, September 22, 2006

 
Blogger Cup said...

How wonderful!

Friday, September 22, 2006

 
Blogger Lynn said...

You have alot of poems spilling out these days!
Beautiful work! great Pic!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

 
Blogger Richard said...

It is a lovely phot and a hard shot to take.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Beth: Thanks!

Lynn: Yep, I do. Thanks...but I didn't take the pic.

Richard: Yes, you must have to wait for one like this and have a really good camera. Wish I'd taken it!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

 
Blogger Stephen Newton said...

Beautiful scene, Mother. Thanks for sharing your serenity.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Stephen: Thanks...glad I could add a second or two of calm spirit. It's hard to blend that into a day sometimes...I'm working on that!

Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home