Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Morning On Janzen Lake


quiet dawn,
misted lake,still as glass,
mirroring the trees and cabins.
squirrels awakening,
beginning to chatter
at my arrival at the shore.
raven clearly announcing the day,
solitary man fishing,
silently gliding through the water in his canoe,
skimming the surface,
floating in his own space,
savouring his private feast for the soul,
emerging out of the cloud
as the sun is rising over the mountain,
magically lifting and erasing the lake fog.
loon flying overhead on gentle wings,
his forlorn call crying and echoing
off the sheer rock face cliff
rising above the water's edge,
capturing time eternal.
dawn's pristine moments
frozen in my mind.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Wow that is great!
I can hear them and smell the mist!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

Awesome poem and beautiful picture! I love the mist lingering over the water, so clear and reflective. Just great!

Monday, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger Lynnea said...

Oh, I love this poem. It is a feast for the mind. Your imagery is always so precise and gorgeous! I love the quiet mornings that I remember like this when we would go camping in my younger days. I am so looking forward to going again.

Monday, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Lynn: Thanks, Lynn! man, you have keen senses right through the fibre-optics!


Brooksba: Glad you like the two together. The mist effect is o enchanting.

Maggie: Thanks so much. Such meaningful compliments as I know you write so much good poetry yourself!
Hope you get camping soon or get somewhee you can see this first hand and revel in the beauty.

Monday, September 18, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to be writing something like this soon...looks like I have a 4 day mini vacation coming up with my husband. Very nice!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Colleen: Very nice! Have a good one and I'll look foryour pics and post!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Stephen Newton said...

Mother, beautiful words reflecting your soul, I'm sure. I'm on and offline these days and sorry for not visiting sooner.

You took me to that lake for a few moments. Thanks for the peace of mind.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Stephen: Thanks...yes, so much going on in our souls! Glad I took you to one of my favourite spots for a moment of tranquility!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

The mist and the reflection in the water make this picture quite perfect. If you ever lack for something to write about, it seems you have an endless supply of pictures, each of which is capable of spawning a first-rate poem.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Barbara: Thanks. Yes, I think people could always think of something to write about a picture. It is especially easy if the picture is of something special to you. Then it evokes an emotional response and words come more easily.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home