Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Worth The Climb!
































Sometimes we are overcome with seemingly insurmountable difficulties while trying to navigate our way through life.

It is an uphill battle all the way and it's a tough one. It takes great strength and some vigourous training to keep up with it all. Even when we get half way there, we pause to look around us and think, "How can I keep going to make it all the way?" Things can be hazy and issues clouded. But thankfully, our friends are right there with us to support us.

Finally, we arrive where we were going and it may not be exactly clear as a bell there, but definitely worth the climb! And you can always count on a new perspective from that vantage point.

(I took these pictures of my husband and his friend on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada last summer. Absolutely beautiful there!)


Mother of Invention, always climbing!





13 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

These are lovely pictures.
The words are perfect.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

 
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Keep climbing! Are you a Capricorn?

Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

That means that you made the climb too if you were the photographer. Being on the summit of anything gives you a heady feeling. Remember playing "King of the mountain" when you were a kid?

Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Lynn: Thanks! I always find it easy to spill out some thoughts to go with pictures.

Reya: It is a struggle but I do keep trying..and if I lose my footing, I try to put both feet back on Track again! Yes, I'm a Cap! How'd you know that? Actually on the Cusp (Dec. 22nd just after mid-night so I sometimes read Sag. and take the one i like best! HA!)

Barbara: Actually, I wasn't the photographer...my husband and his friend met up with a couple who took this for them. I wish I were in great shape to do this climb...it's pretty challenging!

Yes, I remember that game...and the skipping chant, "On the mountain, stands a lady, who she is I do not know. All she wears is gold and silver....!!

Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

The view is so beautiful up there!

Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

The view is so beautiful up there!

Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cloud formation! These photos remind me of being up 12,000 feet in Colorado last year! Thanks for stopping by today.

Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Old Lady: Yep...thank goodness there are pictures since I'd never make it up there!

Colleen: Cool, aren't they? I always look at those log cabin mags and see beautiful places in Colorado!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 
Blogger Diana said...

Hey! I've been there. The one and only backpacking trip I've ever taken. It was in the mid-80's and Charles and I had almost no money, so off we went. It was beautiful, but I'm no camper. I likes my showers and mattresses too well. We were also attacked by mice, who ate almost all our food the last night. The hike out was not so fun, especially on empty stomachs.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Mother Of Invention Has Been Tagged! Questions And Answers - The Gonzo Papers

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Diana: Well at least you didn't get attacked by bears! I never did that camping thing much...leaves your back too sore! More of a cottage person but I love being out in good scenery.

Kilroy: I'll check it out soon!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

Gorgeous pictures! I like the message.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Brooksba: Thanks...that is a high compliment from you, whose pics are so professional! I always think about what other meanings or representations pictures might have besides just what they are.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home