Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Great Memories!



We had a fabulous, albeit low-keyed time in The Quebec Bush, casting our fishing lines at the enthusiastic, feisty bass and paddling up and down the quiet Dumoine River, thinking of when Champlain was doing the same thing!! (Well, maybe he didn't catch as many fish!) It was beauty weather most of the time which allowed us to swim and canoe as much as we wanted. Bugs weren't even that bad! There were tons of trees down from that storm we had a few weeks ago..mini twisters had ripped through that whole area.

My 2 sisters came in for a few days and were real troopers...like baiting their own hooks with worms! They'd only do the worms because they had difficulty making eye contact and thus wouldn't bond so much. We told Joannie, who always names everything, even inanimate objects like her clothes, she couldn't name the worms because she had to cut them in half..then she said she'd name the halves like ..."Mary....Ellen, Jo... Anne, etc.!! She's hilarious! I was impressed..I don't do my own bait!! The first picture you see here is my older sister's first cast...and yes, she caught a big one...my other sister's hat!!! We all just howled! Too funny!


They were like kids at camp, wanting to pack as many activities as they could in the 2 full days. And my husband also survived THE THREE SISTERS! He just shakes his head and has to laugh at us! Definitely the winner of our own Survivor show...we couldn't vote him off...he was our way out of the bush!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Your husband looks alot like my chiropractor!. Your cabin place sounds like a nice place to live as well.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Old Lady: Ah, that's so ironic! Well, hopefully he doesn't wear this "Stylish Cousin Clem Hat" to his office! HA! I love these cabins but I can only visit them in August. I am constantly looking at those log home magazines...just so I have one picked out for my next life!!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

I could go for some of those fresh fish! But I'm not sure I would have liked baiting the hooks with either frogs or worms.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Barbara: I don't think I could do the frogs..I'd do the worms with gloves on!

Monday, August 28, 2006

 
Blogger Diana said...

I agree, I could do the worms but not the frogs. We won't discuss bugs.

Monday, August 28, 2006

 
Blogger Richard said...

I loved the naming of the worms!

Monday, August 28, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Diana: No not after your humungus moth escapade!

Richard: I thought that was the funniest thing! You're the only person who has said that!

Monday, August 28, 2006

 
Blogger Lynn said...

I feel like I lost touch with life. I spent a week with that wedding cake and now I am playing catch up.
I am so glad I have some great stuff to read here!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks! That was some cake!!

Friday, September 01, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! And it's good to see pics of your sisters too.. they look so relaxed here... hope they're doing well and dealing with their health problems... I keep meaning to ask.

I've never stayed in a log cabin... a stone cottage in Scotland, and a pine summerhouse in Denmark, but never a log cabin... I shall have to make it a goal for one day!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Annelisa: A log cabin is neat..well in warm weather...not in winter! You'd like it! makes me feel like a pioneer woman.

My sisters are doing very well. Thanks for asking!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home