Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

One Last Kick at Summer?!

Today is a gift from the Gods of Summer! It is a gorgeous sunny day and will get up to 28 degrees Celsius! There are no really big colour changes in the leaves so we can easily be fooled into thinking it is still summer.

Everyone will be in full summer garb and outside biking, walking, skateboarding, rollerblading, and if they're lucky enough to have a pool, swimming.

It makes me think that I wish there was some sort of Quick Travel method that could transport us to our favourite summer places in 1 hour...or less! Oh, what I would give to spend just 24 hours at the log cabins, or my sister's cottage! (She is actually there right now, boating and beaching it!)

Luckily, I can be there in my mind and spirit.

Mother of Invention, seriously considering the virtues of astral projection!!

11 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

 
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

It's quite warm here too, with t-storms in the forecast. i love storms.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

It was a beautiful day here today also. I sat outside at a cafe with some friends this afternoon enjoying what might be one of the last perfect days of summer. I wasn't even thinking of being somewhere else because it was so nice here.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Teri: I'm sure T storms will follow here too, but for now, I'll enjoy!

Barbara: That's such a perfect state of mind for a Sunday! Well, there has got to be an Indian Summer day or two to have yet.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

It cooled down here after the thunderstorms we had on Saturday night. I think summer has left us in Minnesota. I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the weather while it was there!

Monday, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

We are still warm here, though cooling off somewhat, usual for this time of year! Are all of your poems recent? Do you have any from through out your life?

Monday, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Old Lady: Most of my poetry is from during the last 6 years but I have done a number of pieces for use with the kids I taught over the last 25 years. (Chorals, chants and songs) I wrote my first rhyming poem in Gr. 3 when I was 8 years old and I loved that poem because it got a gold star! HA!

Monday, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger Diana said...

Sigh. Cold and drizzly here, today. I'm mourning summer.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Diana: Yep, it's happenin' soon. After that glorious day, it rained for 24 hours straight!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Bobealia... said...

Here it's cold in the morning and HOT in the afternoon. It makes for sticky walks from one job to the next at lunch time. I love not having to schlep through bad weather.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Bobelia: Your 2 jobs must be fairly close to each other. Hard to believe in 2 months we will probably have snow!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home