Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fluff From The Dryer?!

This is one of those low-keyed posts of ordinary things I call, "Fluff From The Dryer"....nothing really important...just catching my breath after the last two or three days. Well, everyone does laundry! It's what makes us human and bonds us all. We can be so different, yet the same.

I'm recovering from another late night after going to a friend's 50th birthday BBQ at their 1840 restored log cabin home. There were several huge gardens of flowers and organic vegetables, and willow or iron sets of furniture in various places to sit down and enjoy. They gave us a ride in an old car made from a boat! Very cool!

After dinner, we enjoyed the beautiful sunset, and built a campfire, singing favourite songs to the guitar. Night sky was clear and the stars were hanging low. The moon was almost full and bright orange! Coyotes were howling. What a perfect July night!

Today, I have my last cardio rehab class before I am pushed out of the nest to fly on my own. It will be a struggle but I need to do it. My reward for today's efforts will be the massage that I have this afternoon in my husband's office at the front of our house. I can hardly wait! I savour those.

Otherwise, I am leaving the rest of the day to just evolve....which is quite okay with me!



Mother of Invention, waiting for evolution!

8 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

I'm jealous!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

Sounds like a much better time than what my day is planned out as. I hope you have a good time!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Spread your wings and just glide. Wish I was getting a massage today...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Old lady: What? About the massage, the time we had, or the log cabin house? (I want the house and property!)

Brooksba: Sometimes you just have to have ordinary days. I've been out quite a bit lately! Time I settled down, eh?

Barbara: Yeah, gliding's nice and the massage was even nicer! I could have one every day!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

All of it!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow nice party....and I hope you enjoy that massage too. Here from Michele.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

 
Blogger Star said...

You have some interesting friends. Sounds like it was a good time. Michele sent me today. Enjoy your massage.

Friday, July 14, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Cyndy and Star: Thanks. The massage was great!

Friday, July 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home