Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Annoying Summer Sounds!

Well, now that I posted about all the loveliness of the first day of summer softly slipping in, I'm afraid I already have a complaint about the season I love so dearly!
It's about the noise!

I was in my husband's office, relaxing on one of the chiropractic tables with a hot pack on my sore back when I couldn't help but notice this vaguely familiar, repetitive sound. I was trying to place it...it was just outside the window in our front treatment room, closest to the busy main street of our town. Aha! I had it! That same nagging sound we had complained to the town about last summer and the summer before that!

They still haven't fixed it! Every time a car goes by, it makes this metal clanging noise. You lie there at night and wait for each car to go by and repeat the same effect. It's like when someone is snoring and you can't sleep because you're waiting for the next snore to happen! You'd never notice it in winter because of the snow-covered roads and our closed windows.

Yep, the town just has to fix that loose man-hole cover! AHHHH!!!!

Mother of Invention, trying to get to sleep!




8 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

It's like coming out of hibernation and realizing why you went to sleep! My experience is that you eventually get used to the nagging sounds after you hear them for a while. It's just such an annoyance at first. Is your back recovering from too much time cooking over the weekend?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

 
Blogger Bobealia... said...

Ah, I'm a complainer lately. Ok, good sounds need to be mentioned. Lately in the morn I've been hearing an owl. Hoooo Hoooo. And the birds cheep cheep all day. The other night I was woken up by a groundhog, but thought it was cool so I did not mind.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Barbara: Yes, I'll get used to it just as I did last summer! My back got wrecked from too much staionary biking! Better today but I did a good cardio workout on the treadmill and only 5 min. on the bike! I get a massage tomorrow!

Bobealia: Well, yes, there are happy sounds too. The birds seem happy at 5:00 a.m.!!!! Ha! My cat's meowing at 5:00 a.m. happy to be let out so they can go after those birds! The mourning doves cooing at each other. The coffee brewing! Any more?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks, Karen , for the e-mail on Perspective. We all need a nudge on appreciating what we have! (Even the noisy loose man-hole covers!)

Friday, June 23, 2006

 
Blogger RennyBA said...

Hope the loos man-hole cover is fixed soon - for your health:-)
Happy St. Hans (Mid Summer day) from Norway!

Friday, June 23, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Renny: HA! I'm listening to it as I type this!!!

Thanks for the Solstice wishes from afar! Last night was the longest day of the year! I love this time of year! Of course, your day in Norway is much lomger than ours!

Friday, June 23, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

There's a loose man hole cover on my way to work and I know the sound you're speaking of to a T. I do hope they fix it soon.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Brooksba: Still haven't fixed it and it still GRATES on me! HA! HA!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home