Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Officially Here! (in 1 day!)


summer softly slips in

planting's all done
demanding an hour's watering time daily
perennials like peonies on brink of blooms
first crop of dandelions has flourished and died
lawn-cutting in full swing
barbecues becoming basic
picnic table christened with first guests
while mosquitoes and ants abound
litres of lemonade
thoughts of playing in the hose
screens off - windows wide open
trips to the sweltering attic short
nights never quite cool down
5:00 a.m. wake-up call
by cheery hungry birds
and....
I can see my vacation......


Mother of Invention, looking forward
to the summer
that has softly slipped in.

8 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Our summer has announced its early arrival with hot dirty air. There's no slipping in here! Only an occasional thunderstorm makes it bearable.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

We do have some hot humid days here too as well as some wicked thunderstorms. I can't tolerate that too much anymore! Today was bright, sunny, with a perfect breeze and I had an out door lunch at a friend's that was so fabulous!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 
Blogger Bobealia... said...

Happy Summer Soltice to you too! I kind of wish that people could coordinate grass cutting to be done on one day only, because since I'm home, it's rather loud all day everyday. I'm kinda crabby though. Don't listen to me. I'm going to add you to my links. :O)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks, you too! I love summer! I am summer! I'm with you on the grass cutting...I can't stand the noise when I'm enjoying the outdoors....or even indoors actually.
Thanks for the link! That'd be great. I'll do the same.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We spent the solstice eve camping near a hot spring, although we stayed up all night staring at the stars instead of hiking or soaking the next day. On Thursday a large contingent of motorcycles arrived and the noise drove us out of the woods. Happy summer!

Monday, June 26, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Well, the camping near a hot spring, and star-gazing sound wonderful, but too bad about the motorcycles! Since when have they loved the quiet outdoor areas?!!!

Monday, June 26, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

Love this! You captured the mood of summer perfectly.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Brooksba: Thanks! And we're certainly all in that mood now, even way up here in Canada!

Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home