Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cardio Workout Report!

My Cardio program is going well but only 9 minutes on that darn bike at 55 RPM's leaves my legs feeling like jello! Then I go to do hall laps for 8 minutes and usually get 9 laps done...not bad. My best "event" is the treadmill, on which I'm currently doing 9 minutes at 3.5 mph. I hope they increase the mph and time, and start throwing in some incline factor because it's still too easy, mind you, I start out with that so have more energy then.

We'll see. Slow steady progress!

Wish I could do a fast forward and hurry to the point where I'm at optimum fitness level for heart health! I want to know that I'm in good shape in which to start back to teach next September and I just think that I'm so not near that yet!

At least my weight is staying down near 145, and for my 5'9" height and moderately large frame, that's pretty good. My diet is better and so my blood sugar is lower too. All good signs that I'm on the right road!

Mother of Invention, taking her heart rate monitor off now after this morning's workout!

6 Comments:

Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

i like the bike - I managed to run my way into shin splints in my most recent crusade to work myself back into shape, and the bike was the only cardio activity that didn't make my legs swell up.

(More info than you needed/wanted, I'm sure...)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Yep! I hear ya! Bike is not weight bearing si I have to do that more than walk because of a profound joint problem in my big toe. Never realized I'd need that toe so much! Hope you've kept in shape by biking..you will inspire me to fitness!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

 
Blogger Robin said...

I hate the bike!!!! I can do 5-10 minutes on that thing and even if I read,I'm bored to tears and my legs feel like limp noodles.

I prefer the treadmill and I am learning the nautilus equipment.

Keep up the good work. Slow and steady wins the race,as they say!

Friday, May 26, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks,Robin! I have no choice but to keep trying! If only they'd make bike seats comfortable for women! I even wear heavy duty biking pants with extra thick padding and I still suffer! (TMI?!)Where are all the women designers of sports clothing and equipment??!!

Friday, May 26, 2006

 
Blogger Clive said...

sounds good, Ruth. Close your eyes and think of Risto, that's what we all do!

Friday, May 26, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks, Clive! Good thing I ride my bike in the stationary position, otherwise I'd fall off with my eyes closed! HA1 Would be quite a spectacle on the main street here!

Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home