Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Outi's Garden Gate!


open gate

garden gate
beckoning us
with its thick lush vines
offering sustenance
tempting our palates
the winding stone path
peaks our interest
with wonder
at the infinite possibilities
that lie ahead -
beyond its curves
clematis cling to trellis
trailing their vines
pretty porcelain pots
clayed contrast
of indigo
and geranium
jeweled in their custom setting
red currants abound
behind bushes
offering the vitality
of rubies round
tomatoes ripe
waiting to share
their succulence
and even the tangled vines
twist and turn their beauty

Ruth Lowe
Aug. 2010

2 Comments:

Anonymous RennyBA's Terella said...

You're always so good with words and a great photographer too - thanks for sharing both!

Thursday, August 05, 2010

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Ruth,
how can I express how happy I am when I read this beautiful poem and the fact your are back again here in blogsphere.

You made my day (OK, it's night here on this side of the Pond).

I admit I've missed you - you have been a good inspiration - telleing about your trips in the wilderness, your fantastic summer sleeping room, your garden, your ideas of teaching etc etc etc.

Hope you will be more frequently back as a blogger. Even though you now are a retiree...
I might be as well from January next - but I do not know - time will show.

PS. This poem, will you make it a son as well?

hugs
Tor

Saturday, August 07, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home