Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Closed Gate


unlatch the padlock
throw off the heavy chain
that binds my gate so tightly closed
so that I may freely
Invite you in
to share
all that I have seen
for I have seen beauty
that knows no bounds
enter and behold
my story -
everyone’s story
who has ever passed
through this threshold
and witnessed
strong billowy white clouds sailing in a brilliant blue sky
a gigantic orange globe of fire sink in seconds beneath the horizon
while giraffes graze the lush green grasses
and gazelles hurdle by
Mother of Invention
(Can't recall the blogger friend that gave me this pic a long time ago!! Sorry! I'll think of it!)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

The words fit the photo perfectly.

Monday, August 16, 2010

 
Anonymous Mother of Invention said...

Thank you so much for reading & telling me that! I thought I should do an opposite poem pic from the open gate of the previous gate! You can tell I don't like a closed gate!!!

Monday, August 16, 2010

 
Blogger GEWELS said...

Lovely poem MOI! I've missed you. I've been away way too long.
Hope all is well in your world.
xoxo
Gewels

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home