Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

How Do You Like Your E-mail?

I used to hate e-mail! I can't believe how my thoughts have changed because I sure do spend enough time at this machine doing it.
I wrote this about four years ago before I really got hooked...


Ode to E-mail

E-mail, e-mail for the personal touch
I really don’t think that I care for it much
Maybe for some, it’s a bit of a crutch
Eliminates risk, holds people at bay
Letting them "talk" a safe distance away
But words on a screen are all they can say
Mattering not about how it is said
For the final message can only be read
Sending a voice without hint of a tone
They should disconnect and start using the phone
Catching the spirit and feeling beyond
Reflecting, selecting, you now can respond
Stretching the way in which people bond
And think what you gain in a "real live" session
The twinkling eyes, the glowing expression
A dimpling smile can light up a face
That e-mail and phones simply can not replace
Even if people would hand-write a letter
The communication would be so much better
And in the end, it might be what we choose…..
But I wish we’d consider what we're to lose….
So see ya soon "Talk" to ya later

Or ah… you can e-mail…
I guess


Mother of Invention, pre-e-mail!
2001

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Up until about 2 years ago, I almost never checked my home e-mail. I sat at a computer all day at work, and that was the last thing I wanted to do at home. Then I got hooked on e-mail and nothing has ever been the same. I'm with you that it is a poor substitute for face-to-face or even telephone conversation, but it's so convenient and I have gotten to the point where those e-mail messages seem to talk to me!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Yes, me too...they can be a little addictive! I can't pass by the computer without shaking that little mouse just to see!
Just wondering something...sticking right to the topic..!!..why don't I get your comments e-mailed to me? I didn't check at first so I missed some for awhile until I discovered they weren't Pinged to me.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

 
Blogger Eatapeach said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks! It's almost a love-hate relationship at times!
Hope things are "Peachier" for you!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home