Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Coming to Life!

Tomorrow, I swear I'll do it. I've left it long enough. "IT" has been staring me in the face since the week before Christmas when I got sick and I can't win this staring contest! "IT" is sitting immobile in the heavy black case on the computer/nature room floor with no life in it whatsoever and I must do something to revive it very soon! In fact, today's the day I've decided to make it happen.

My guitar is coming out of its case! I am going to slip on a thumb pick and just start strumming to whatever song comes to me. I need to practise my chording and build up those callouses on my fingers once again. That's a slow process which takes a few weeks. The cute songs I play for Gr. 1, 2, and 3 music classes will be rehearsed several times before I am ready to go and visit the kids I haven't seen since the end of first term. My confidence must be re-built and allow me to enter that familiar room.

Can I do it? Will I even remember all their names?

Wish me luck!

Mother of Invention, hearing the kids' favourite song, "Peace Like a River", over and over in my head!

What will you bring to life today?!

5 Comments:

Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Good luck!

I love acoustic guitar music - play loudly so I can hear it.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Of course you can do it. There's nothing more healing than music! As for me, I'm attempting to get over a Bach block, as I learn a Bach sonata to play with my double bass-player friend Deborah. I played the piano in our auditorium at lunchtime and saw a slight bit of improvement. Then I finished with Body and Soul, which is hard in a different way, but sent me humming back to work.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Barbara: "Bach Block!" I love it! Do you play a lot with other people?

Music is very uplifting for me too, both listening and playing. I actually listen to a Jazz station from Toronto a lot. I also loved the music from Riverdance ans saw the production. Haven't been to see a great musical for awhile. Hmmm! Wonder what's out there?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Teri: I'm strumming down hard on the D chord right now! Most of the kids' songs are not that difficult, thank goodness! I can always fool them...they just love it! If only I didn't have to do so many blood sugar tests on my fingertips! Gotta talk to B.B. King about how he saves his fingers to jam!!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 
Blogger Barbara said...

I play mostly with my friend Deborah who plays the double bass. We are going to Chautauqua (NY) for a week of chamber music classes in July. It's intense but a lot of fun.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home