Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Slept Like a Baby! (Or...Cat?!)

Last night I was absolutely wiped after a challenging cardio workout in the morning. We slept in our summer bedroom, my favourite room in the whole house! It is a cottage-looking room on the second floor up in the trees and overlooking the river at the end of the backyard. The temperature was 14 degrees celsius, the windows on all 3 outer walls were wide open, and the beautiful fresh air breezed in the perfect sleep for me.

Coffee is made and I'm on my way to the outside balcony that is attached to this enchanting room to enjoy the sunrise and the good morning songs of numerous birds.

I have always envied how easily and peacefully my cats can slumber for hours on end. Last night, I think I previewed my next life!

Mother of Invention, feeling refreshingly different, with a strange hankering for some kibble!! (?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

Sweet sleeping kitties!

I think comfort is a cat's number 1 priority. My cat, Rusty, is always reserving the choicest sleeping spots for himself. Lately, he's been nabbing my office chair whenever I get up briefly to get myself a glass of water.

He looks so cute when he's all curled up sleeping I feel guilty having to move him.

Friday, June 09, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Rozanne: Yes, they do know how to grab the nice soft cushy places, usually in the little piece of sunshine! My 2 sometimes argue over who gets what spot but then they work it out and each have different favourites! Of course, they can start a new "fad fav" at any moment!

As I've said, I'm coming back as a cat!

Thanks for the visit!

Friday, June 09, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home