Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

One Last Kick At Summer!

Today was phenomenal and set a record for this date. It was 32 C in the shade and 38 with humid ex. I actually didn't like it as it took me back to those unbearable heat waves of June and July where you can't function without air con. At least this will be the last day like this...well, I'm fairly certain!

It was a really hot and dry summer and so far, fall has followed the same pattern. We need rain and are supposed to get some tonight. We're sleeping in the summer bedroom with fans on tonight...how crazy is that? The colours of the leaves aren't going to be that brilliant because many are so dry, they are falling off without even changing colour. What a shame.
I wonder what they're predicting for winter?

Our addition/renovation to the back of our house has finally started and there are holes and piles of dirt everywhere. My cats would love it if they weren't so traumatised with the loud noises and the fact that their porch was taken off and they can no longer fling themselves at the screen door to let us know they want to be on OUR side of the door!

Once these builders start, things can really move along quickly. I'll post pictures of the progress. Meanwhile, my cats will play King of The Dirt Pile! Could be a Mudslide if it rains!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

It was terribly muggy in Ottawa and Montreal as well. It was still 27C at 23:00. I found I had to turn on the air conditioner because I had cooked some soup and it had warmed the house too much (of course, I had expected it to be like the previous evenings where it got nice and cool - so boiling up a big pot of stock and then soup wouldn't have been an issue.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 
Blogger TorAa said...

Puh, so hot this time of year in your area of Canada - I think you need a trip up in the Norwegian Mountains.

PS. We are watching the first audition on Norwegian Idol. You would easily had won.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 
Blogger meno said...

We are enjoying the lovely clouds and fog and rain here. I'm not sure which i would pick if i had a choice.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

It was in triple digits where I live for a good portion of the summer. It's warmer here than I would like for this time of year but I welcome the relief.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Richard: Did you guys get a thunderstorm last night? We sure did! Some say it's been so so dry, that leaves are falling without even changing colour much. Much colour there yet?

We're doing a reno now and we're sure putting in air con! Should have done it 5 years ago, we've had so many hot summers since then.

Toraa: We're cooler already! It changes daily!

Hey, thanks! Could I pass for Norwegian?

meno: We had a ripper of a thunderstorm to break the heat. man, did we need the rain!

Grizz: Holy moly! How do you stand it? I'd die. Our weather here changes daily, it seems, within general seasons.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 
Blogger Richard said...

Oh yes! We have lots and lots of lovely colours. Beautiful reds and oranges all over the place. It is quite a change from the past few years where the leaves seemed yellow rather than turn red.

I keep trying to take pictures of it, but they are not coming out well. I seem to miss the optimal lighting conditions.

Mind you, it seems more colourful closer to Ottawa. As I drive toward Montreal, the leaves still seem to be hanging onto (soory, but this really should be one word, not two) their green.

There was no thunderstorm.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Richard: You're lucky to have the colours. The Ottawa and Gatineau area is beautiful. I think the pics turn out best when the sun is shining brightly on the leaves. if there is the least bit of wind, I use the button showing the person running so it will be sharper with any movement.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

 
Blogger mystic rose said...

I wish it were warm a bit longer.. the summer flew by in a flash...

Friday, September 28, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home