Tagged For This One!
David tagged me for this: Name 6 to 8 ways you’ve changed or stayed the same over the last half of your life.
Well, I'm 53 so that takes me back to age 26 1/2. These are in NO ORDER! Just typed as they flew into my mind!
Ways I've changed:
1. I've come to know, love and appreciate my husband more. Every day I see something in him that shows he is truly a selfless man who cares for me deeply.
2. I've developed my musical ability by learning to play guitar for teaching, joining 2 community choirs, writing and recording 2 songs.
3. I've come to love cats and have had 6 of them.
4. I am no longer able to do many physical activities due to health concerns but have accepted that and do what I can. (I used to ski and walk a lot.)
5. I've come to learn through experience that some people are not who they profess to be; they are not going to be friends forever and they may hurt my feelings. I have concluded that these quirky people are the common denominator and that overall, I've had very good relationships with most people. There are just going to be some weird ones along the way. I've learned to be a bit wary and not quite so trusting, yet my first response is to believe in them.
6. I developed into a pretty good teacher and have my career behind me now. Kids remember and come up to me years later in my town and tell me that I was their favourite teacher or that they loved music because of me. They also ask me if I still have cats!
7. I see numerous doctors now for all my health issues. I see that the reality is that my life will be shorter than most people's so I live more in the moment.
8. I have come to believe that I've had a bit of a sheltered life. I haven't had to deal with much hardship. No divorces. No deaths. (Both my husband's and my parents are still alive and all in their upper 80's) No huge money or career problems. Apart from my health problems, I have been quite blessed.
Ways I've stayed the same:
1. Still love working with kids.
2. Still have trouble managing my diabetes and I've never lost my craving for all the the food that I can't have.
3. Still love spending time in the outdoors canoeing and swimming in the summer at the log cabins.
4. Still love listening to all kinds of music except opera and country! Still love going to a musical or concert!
5. Still love older houses and antiques.
6. Still love spending time with neat people and keep in good touch with my many friends.
7. My style of dress is the same; long skirts/dresses, boots, and funky clunky jewellery!
8. I am still quite lively and animated, and have the same sense of humour! I have the same smile and big blue eyes! I maintain my positive attitude more or less.
9. I'm still married to the same great guy and have been for 26 1/2 years!
10. I'm still not an avid reader.
11. I am still not a risk-taker and don't take on many new things.
I could probably think of all kinds of things for both! Share some of yours if you want! I'm not tagging anyone.