Defining Me and My Style.....!
I'm probably the last one to do this but here I am.....!
1. PEOPLE: I am somewhat defined by my husband, friends and family, all of whom make up a huge part of my world. Fiercely loyal am I to them. I see myself in their reflection. My husband is my rock and is always there for me...kind, respectful and supportive. He "GETS" me!
My family is truly amazing...we all like being together and get along! They have been great models for me to emulate...all lucky to have been in stable marriages and successful careers.
My friends are numerous and long term, and I'm extremely adept at keeping in touch with as many as possible.
2. CAREER: Having always loved and been fascinated by children, I have had the opportunity of working as a Gr. 1-7 teacher for 26 years and at a private High School for students from Hong Kong for 3 years. I am told that I create a very warm, friendly, keen and inviting classroom environment in which children feel they can just be themselves. I let them know that they count. I have an easy, immediate rapport with most kids.
3. HEALTH: These issues do not totally define me but have certainly shaped my life. I have had Diabetes for 39 years and as a result, met life long friends while working at the summer camp for diabetic kids. This also brought me to teaching! I think I have handled the many resulting health problems (heart, eyes, nerves, not being able to have kids...) very well. It has humbled me but perhaps made me a little reticent to seek adventure or live on the wild side!
4. APPROACH: I am told that I always seem bubbly, lively and positive. My enthusiasm and sense of humour just ooze out naturally in my animated style of speech. I am fun, even when I am in a room by myself! My self-talk is amusing and I laugh often!
5. COMMITMENT: I am totally on board with what I chose to do and work very hard to do my best. But... I am somewhat hesitant to take on new challenges as I often lack the confidence and willingness to take risks. I am not a perfectionist but I like a job well done. Group work is great and I add fun to the activity.
6. MUSICALITY: Music has always been prominent in my life. I sing in a choir and have taught music to many classes. I have good rhythm, can sing in tune and play a little guitar. I think I was a tapdancer or stepdancer in my previous life! I loved Riverdance!
7. SELF EXPRESSION: Writing has always been an interest and my dad was a model for this as well as some great teachers and friends. I mostly write poetry but have written 3 songs, two of which are on a demo CD. I also LOVE getting dressed up and acting as different characters! My feelings run deep and I can be an ultra-sensitive person...both in my thoughts and dealings with others.
8. CATS: We never had pets in my childhood and I have become a lover of felines for the past 24 years. Having had no children, they are a huge part of my daily life! (lots of pics on this blog!)
9. FUNKY AND HIPPYISH: I love the long dresses and skirts! I wear lots of funky, chunky and clunky bangles, rings and necklaces! I wear high indoor boots with low heals a lot. I'm told that I can get away with almost anything because I set my own trend. I am actually a polarity of straight and conservative, and openminded and liberal...depends on the situation.
10. EARTHY: My husband and I are both quite grounded and want simple things in life. We spend most vacations at a log cabin where we canoe, fish and swim. (see Aug. posts for pics!) He is a chiropractor so we are both quite open to alternative health care.
I think that's it! Probably lots more I could tell you and I will if you ask!
Mother of Invention, scouting for photos to wrap it up!