Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Monday, March 26, 2007

From The Beginning!

Rapunzel chose my blog as one of 5 that make her think. I was honoured, They make me think too! They make me re-think when I read all your comments.

As I can't really just pick 5, I'm going to highlight some that I've been reading the longest.

Renny, from Oslo, always tells about various Norwegian customs and posts many pictures. His readership has grown immensely since I first started reading! I think he was one of the first commenters I had!

Barbara, at Looking 2 Live, offers such a variety of topics including her career, religious beliefs, music hobbies, family, pets and friends, She even blogged from France while visiting for a few weeks so we all felt we were with her! What's really neat is that her husband, David, blogs and they comment on each others'!

Barbara introduced me to Old Lady at Eclectic Tales, who always keeps us entertained with wonderfully written tales of her childhood, her family and funny incidents as she was growing up. Some are humourous and others are just the important stuff that makes up life. She has a lot of southern funk and soul!

I also discovered Writing Down The Words while over at Barbara's. Pauline writes wonderful poetry and even when telling about a simple daily event, she uses such descriptive words, it always sounds so beautiful that you can see it and feel it.

I think I might have met Richard, at Forbidden Planet through Barbara as well. Now here is an interesting guy! He is so intelligent and has valuable comments on anything he so chooses. His posts are enlightening and always raise questions, getting you to search your mind for an opinion.

Over at Piffle, meet Diana, a busy mother and Family Doctor. Her posts are often lighthearted and funny and can cover a wide scope of topics from her children, husband and cats, to her love of gardening. She can make you smile with descriptions of the simplest things to which we can all relate!

Maggie, at Mind Moss, shares her busy life as a mother of three, (including twins!) and writes some pretty neat poetry on Fridays. Mona, gets us all going with her word for Poetry Friday, which I often do. She's also quite open about sharing her every day happenings.

(These are some of the earliest blogs I visited and still enjoy. I had several more but I've lost them3 times now and just don't have the juice to complete it today! In another post, I'll highlight the others in addition to some recent finds.)

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger RennyBA said...

Awwww, how nice of you to plugging me! Yes I remember I met you a bit more than a years ago and you was one of my first blog friend too!
I think this blogsphear is wonderful and you have listed some very good examples.
I always enjoy visiting you and reading about your daily life as you always share in an interesting way!
Wish you a wonderful week:-)

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger meno said...

I always appreciate getting some new places to check out. Thanks for that. :)

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger Diana said...

Awwww, shucks for that, Ruth. I love your blog and find you extremely 'relatable'. Your writing is fresh and fun and I'm so glad I've found you.

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Thank you for the shoutout! And for the links to investigate!

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Wow, is my ego soaring! You are the second one to mention my home-grown Blog in this meme. I think I'm now understanding what I'm supposed to do next, so I'll think about it. Thanks again for the mention.

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger Pauline said...

Thanks, MOI, for both the mention and some new sites to visit. I've been enjoying your site as long as you have mine - a mutually good thing!

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger Lynnea said...

And I am chiming in with my gratitude as well! I feel the need to be more insightful at my place now...thank you ever so much for mentioning me!

So I'll plug back with this: I love coming here and the way you make me think about things that I often take for granted in life.

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Renny: Thanks very much! The first post I read of yours was about a cook-out you had in early spring and there was still snow. I loved that celebration but I can't remember what it was. I think I asked you where the marshmellows were!

Meno: Yes, there are so many...you could spend forever reading and commenting. Yours was one I lost yesterday so it'll be up next.

Diana: Thanks! Yours always makes me laugh and try to come up with some witty or funny response!

Mona: No problem! I have loved the poetry thing!

Barbara: You're welcome! Yours was one of the first and connected me to many others.

Pauline: Then that's good! I get a lot out of yours.

Maggie: You're quite welcome and thanks in return. I love seeing what you come up with for Poetry Friday!

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger RennyBA said...

I think the post from last year was: Spring is in the air from 24th of April.
Funny because I had another spring post this year from the 21st of Marsh and showed the same flowers in our garden peeking up from the snow: Equinox - Season turning point
So this must mean the spring is about one month earlier this year:-)

Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks, Renny! I checked it out and I think that was the first but the one I was thinking of is The Easter Egg Hunt at:

http://rennybasblog.blogspot.com/2006/04/easter-egg-hunt.html

And it wasn't marshmallows I commented on, but the dough boys on a stick with jam I did at summer camp as a child!
Wow! That was a neat trip back. We've both come a long way from that haven't we?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 
Blogger Richard said...

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I am not sure I necessarily make people think so much as take myself too seriously. .

As for leaving comments … hmmm … that is an interesting game. I like to leave meaningful comments because I like to say something meaningful. Sometimes I feel bad that I cannot leave a comment because the topic simply does not stir my mind to produce a comment - even if I enjoyed the post. My worst habit when commenting is to leave the blog and think about it. I am sure that 99 times out of 100 I leave pretty much the comment I would have left had I commented immediately.

Sadly, many of the early bloggers I had met, seem to have disappeared from the blogging scene.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Richard: You're quite welcome. I think you do both..that is take yourself seriously and have something thought-provoking to say.

I find usually find what you say interesting even if I don't fully understand....like anything technical or too political I never feel I have anything intelligent to offer so I know what you mean about not always commenting. I'm pretty good at being spontaneous in my comments but I have taken time with some I really need to mull over before coming back to write them.

Yes, I guess some bloggers have given it up..maybe they've done all they can do with it. hard to say how long we'll all be doing this.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 
Blogger the naked tapdancer said...

Thanks for the links to so many interesting blogs. I especially am enjoying Forbidden Planet. And yours, as usual.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

N Tapdancer: Thanks. Isn't he great?!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 
Blogger brooksba said...

I'm really going to have to check out some of these blogs! It's always good to get more to read.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Brooksba: Yep, there are tons of excellent blogs!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home