Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Pondering The Dance!


Poetry Friday's word is , "dance" brought to you by Mona.
reading the bar codes of life

life has given me many things,
most of which I ponder…
(too much some might say)
but I will
and I do,
perhaps to make sense of the world –
order from chaos,
the very idea on which its creation was based --
gives it a little more form
to which I can better relate – attach
and thus become an integral part.
it is a powerful thirst I seek to quench –
that need to become closely intertwined
with all that exists.
how can we simply "be" and not ask
the questions
or wonder?
like successive waves,
repeated rests,
sustained nothingness….
unless ….perhaps …
we are to enjoy some moments
and some events
simply as separate entities,
taking on a life of their own,
worthy of our respect as such,
only for us to ponder the significance later,
as I always feel compelled to do.
we are truly blessed with this earth
and all life --
the stories, the songs…
yours and mine
are the individual threads
so tightly woven into the fabric
cut and sewn by
The Significant Seamstress
for us all to wear
as we learn the steps
to The Universal Dance ……
and I know that
you too,
have wondered about This Dance.



Mother of Invention, in my dancing shoes.

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger RennyBA said...

What a lovely and spiritual dancing poem - thanks to you and Mona!
Thanks also for boarding on our free cyber cruise this weekend and you know we'll be in Oslo tomorrow:-)

Btw; its always so nice to visit you and listen and watch the lovely 'From the soul withing' video! Keep it up!

Friday, March 16, 2007

 
Blogger Lynnea said...

MOI, you took a different tack with this poem. Less rhyme but a lot more pondering and emotion. I really enjoyed this one.

Friday, March 16, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, we're aiting for Sanni to blow the signal of All man on deck for us - in the mean time, why not some heavy seightseeing of Stockholm?

Friday, March 16, 2007

 
Blogger Lynette said...

I just love your friday poetry M.O.I and this one is wonderfully deep with beautiful words! Thank you!

Friday, March 16, 2007

 
Blogger meno said...

This may sound weird, but i like the shape of your poems as well as the words.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done...

Saturday, March 17, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Renny: Thanks! I was feeling spiritual I guess! See you on board, I hear the ship's horn!

Maggie: Yes, I've pondered all this for a long time and The Dance just wove itself in there.

Mrs. Lifecruiser: Thanks for the return visit. Do we get the chocolates on our pillows on this cruise?!!

Lynclay: Thanks...they're not usually this deep...most are just pure fun and word association ideas. It is neat to see what different people come up with.

Meno:
Not strange in the least! Many tell me that and much of the time, the shape parallels the idea or image in the poem. I never do it on purpose...it just magically appears as soon as I use that beloved "centre" button! The best example was a poem on a totem pole, that turned out exactly like the shape of one!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Gr: Hey thanks! I could always say that about your neat pottery!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

 
Blogger Rozanne said...

Just listened to your You Tube song. It's lovely. And you have a *beautiful* voice.

I can't carry a tune!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Rozanne: Thanks so much for the visit and nice comment! It was kinda neat doing it and I wish I could do more. Only recorded one other song. Have another one too, but not recorded.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dancing and massage. Two of my favorite things.

Monday, March 19, 2007

 
Blogger bulletholes said...

"I'll dance 'em till i die
You needn't wonder why...
I'm not a passenger,
I am the ride."

Monday, March 19, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Colleen: Me too! Can't go wrong!

Steve: Yeah, I can imagine! You'd be T"he Wild Mouse" or "Drop Zone" at the fairs! Do you provide seatbelts?!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 
Blogger Mystic Rose said...

wow...i love this one..mother of invention, the eternal dance...the Universal dance..a play set to music!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 
Blogger Annelisa said...

I love the idea of wearing life, all interwoven, as we dance our way through it - lovely thoughtful and poinant poem, MOI! Like it... like it alot!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 
Blogger Old Lady said...

And I like to dance!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Mystic: Thanks! I knew you'd like this one since all of your poetry has great depth and speaks of connections to the Universe. Mine usually aren't quite so reflective and deep.

Annelisa: Hey, thanks! I guess it's like wearing a One Size Fits All piece of clothing!

Old Lady: I can see you dancing wildly, sometimes, through life! (Well, especially the earlier parts of your life! I'm stilllearning the steps!)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Life really is like a dance. I like the parts where I am dancing with other people as opposed to going solo. Sometimes I like to lean on someone else.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 
Blogger Annelisa said...

Whenever I try to put on a 'one size fits all', it either swamps me, or squashes me into unnatural shapes! :-D

Friday, March 23, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home