Me, spilling out all my thoughts, inner and outer, on just about anything! Lots of poetry, short stories from past experiences, anecdotes about teaching elementary school, music, relationships....garage sale type thing...Something For Everyone!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Healing Touch



I am lucky to live in a house in which my husband practises as a Chiropractor, alongside Registered Massage Therapists and support staff. These people work closely together towards the common goal of making people better. They are warm, sincere, and truly giving of themselves to others. This piece is just one person's perspective of these wonderful people. I have heard countless complimentary things about them over the years.



In The House of Healing
A stable force is in my home,
Constant, reliable, dependable,
Peacefully permeating the porous walls,
A friendly feeling of well-being,
Positive energy,
A surging power of trust,
Genuine, gentle, caring spirits,
Selflessly offering skill-honed hands,
Passing on The Healing Touch.
And this feeling steadily and evenly emanates
From its source,
Reaching me, as I rest
On the other side of the wall,
Totally relaxed, eyes closed,
Having received their Gift.




Mother of Invention, looking forward to my next treatment.

10 Comments:

Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Mother of Invention - just a quick visit, as it's late. I know exactly what this means (having done a few retreat weekends with my friend) and while I was reading this, I was transported back to the best massage I ever had - I swear I lost all the wrinkles in my face for the next few hours! :-)

I hope your ones treat you well!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Annelisa: I love my weekly massage and these babes are good but they sure don't take my wrinkles away! (It's more like I have this red mark from mushing my face in the "drool hole" as I call it!) I'm going to have to have a chat with them! HA! Guess they'd charge more though!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has got to be good for your aching bones! My husband is a counselor...that comes in handy too!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If one could transport themselves home after an adjustment without having to drive home....

Monday, October 30, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Colleen: Yes, it surely is! I could be treated every few days, but it doesn't work out that way, no matter how much I whine!

Old Lady: It's ideal to have a treatment, massage or chiropractic and then go right to bed but that's impossible unless we ran a B&B! HA! There's a new angle! We could have a hot tub too!

Monday, October 30, 2006

 
Blogger Lynn said...

That is a lovely poem.

I think it is so great that the Chiropractor can teach us about what we did to ourselves to cause us disruption.
"An ounce of prevention......"

I have a lot of respect for massage therapists because they are absolutely limited by the number appointments their hands will hold out through, and not by what they think will bring in more money.

Great work!

Happy Halloween!
BOO!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Lynn: Thanks! It makes sense that if we can heal with no drugs to just mask symptoms, then we should. Those massage therapist have very strong arms and hands, and I love them! I could have one every night, especially recently. I hurt everywhere!

Happy Boo day to you, too!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 
Blogger brooksba said...

It has to be nice to have a chiropractor at home. What a rewarding thing for your husband to be doing and feeling like he is helping people. Plus, you get the benefits too!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why oh why didn't I fall in love with a chiropractor? My wonderful boyfriend simply does not know his way around my back.

You are one lucky dame.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Brooksba: It IS handy for me! He loves his work and according to many (myself included!) he is very good and quite gentle.

Naked Tapdancer: Yeah,but I have to whine a lot sometimes to get an appointment after hours! He doesn't get any $$ from me!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home